Erick's 165g Reef

weaponsofmassdesign

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 13, 2012
Messages
1,514
Reaction score
21
Location
Van Buren, AR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start Date: July 7th, 2012
Tank:" 72 x 20" x 27"
Lighting: 72" AquaticLife 12 Bulb T5
Sump: 40g Breeder
Skimmer: AquaC EV-240 with Mag 18
Return Pump: Mag 18
Controller: APEX Aquacontroller
Auto Top Off: Aqualifter controlled by RKE
Circulation: (2) Vortech MP40
Other Filtration: Dual BRS GFO and Carbon Reactor and Chaeto in sump

Fish:
2 Ocellaris Clownfish (Amphiprion ocellaris)
2 Snowflake Clownfish (Amphiprion ocellaris)
1 Wheeler's Shrimp Goby (Amblyeleotris wheeleri)
1 Yellow Watchman Goby (Cryptocentrus cinctus)
1 Female Leopard Wrasse (Macropharyngodon meleagris)
1 Tanaka's Pygmy Wrasse (Wetmorella tanakai)
2 Purple Firefish (Nemateleotris decora)
2 Hippo Tangs (Paracanthurus hepatus)
1 Convict Tang (Acanthurus triostegus)
1 Green Coris Wrasse (Halichoeres chloropterus)

4b0dac3c-dfa1-1b8f.jpg


I used 150 lbs of BRS Reef Saver dry rock.

4b0dac3c-e108-d536.jpg
 
Last edited:
Looks great!!!!!!!!!
 
Awesome bro!
 
Thank you everybody!! CUC will be here Thursday from Reef Cleaners! I got 70 Cerith, 10 Nerite, 10 Nassarius and two bags of theirs pods. Some of this will be going into my other two tanks.
 
Last edited:
165g Update

4b0dac3c-05e3-7c55.jpg


Just got the snails in and floating them now. I also got two bags of their Pods+. One of them has a huge Mysid shrimp, is what I'm guessing it is, that looks like its at least a half inch. I don't know how big those usually are, but you can tell its a shrimp by the body structure.
 
Last edited:
4b0dac3c-09db-903e.jpg


There's easily 200 Dwarf Ceriths when I only ordered 50. I also got more Nerite and Nassarius than I ordered. I would definitely use Reef Cleaners again! And their prices are the best I've seen on snails.
 
Looking good. I got the same thing in my bag of pods from Reef Cleaners. I think it's a ghost shrimp, but not sure. Amazingly, it's still alive in my tank. I see if every now and then.
 
I need to work on some pictures, but I got both pairs of clowns, the Hippo and lots of coral moved over. I also added a Sixline Wrasse over the weekend.
 
He hasn't paid anybody any attention so far. He just swims in and out of the rock work on a mission! I'm surprised at how well the clowns get along. All four hangout together pretty much all day. I didn't think my older pair would be as kind to the newbies, although my large female never has shown any aggression with my hand in the tank even with eggs.
 
165g Update

Here's a quick FTS from my iPad. I still got get out the Canon. I moved more coral over from my frag tank today also that's not pictured.

e98bd8351cdd745ad102bd1d447d9323_zps54afe256.jpg
 
Last edited:
Cool you've got a good looking tank! I recognize that scoly :).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new