Erin O's 75G Build

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's Soo far away!! Super stoked for you. How long have they been cooking?

I just ordered this beautiful guy to complete the tube garden Screenshot_20210313-075944.png . Happy SaturYay
possibly live in tanks ,longer than Erin is old.. ;) ;Happy

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's Soo far away!! Super stoked for you. How long have they been cooking?

I just ordered this beautiful guy to complete the tube garden Screenshot_20210313-075944.png . Happy SaturYay
Where did you buy that one? What color is it? I have a pink and purple one. I know there is a green one but have not seen this one I want one too

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you buy that one? What color is it? I have a pink and purple one. I know there is a green one but have not seen this one I want one too

Should be 1 more left of 5. It's wysiwyg so should be orange with a blue mouth and yellow dots on the arms. I'd love to find a green arm one. Tubes in general seem hard to find.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NOOOO...Dory... :) risky fish...imo
atlantic blue ..;)
The wife and I just talked ourselves out of adding a hippo last night. We don't want to have to downsize it every few years and with the amount of rock, I don't have enough swimming room for one.

They are beautiful and silly though. Why do you say risky?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The wife and I just talked ourselves out of adding a hippo last night. We don't want to have to downsize it every few years and with the amount of rock, I don't have enough swimming room for one.

They are beautiful and silly though. Why do you say risky?
i feel they are skiddish ,disease prone.
i would only get a large established one,keep in large tank..;)

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hippo tang?
I had thought about getting on (I mean, who hasn't after watching Nemo, right? Lol), but the tank is only a 75 gallon and I don't really see an upgrade in our future, unless all of our freshwater fish die and my husband finally agrees to switch the 125 (not likely). Thank you for the thought, though! If you think of anything else, let me know! I'd still like to get a blue fish in there lol
NOOOO...Dory... :) risky fish...imo
atlantic blue ..;)
I second Atlantic blue!!!!!!

And goni spam!!!! (Saved my best pic of the day for @Erin O)
0B4D498E-5D4E-40C9-8B10-D0358EEB08B4.jpeg
Oh my gosh, @Eagle_Steve! So beautiful!!!

I had looked that the Atlantic Blue, but isn't my tank too small for that one too?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
48” 75?

If so, not really. As long as you have caves here and there and some algae here and there or nori to feed they are good.

I have one in the 7’ frag and it only uses about 36” of the tank.

The one is the 180 only uses about half of it as well.

Even from when I watch them diving, they stay mostly in an area and don’t roam too much. There is one at bath tub beach reef I have seen for 3 years straight in the same 4x4 patch of reef. I know it is the same one, as it has a massive scar on its left side. There is always algae there, so it seems to stay and guard it for itself.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NO..slow growers ;)
WP_20201025_12_34_24_Pro.jpg

love this pic of clowns..;Happy
They are super smart also.

Mine in the frag tank sleeps under the disc of the merten. Seriously. That’s where it sleep lol.

Let me see if I can grab a pic of it.

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
48” 75?

If so, not really. As long as you have caves here and there and some algae here and there or nori to feed they are good.

I have one in the 7’ frag and it only uses about 36” of the tank.

The one is the 180 only uses about half of it as well.

Even from when I watch them diving, they stay mostly in an area and don’t roam too much. There is one at bath tub beach reef I have seen for 3 years straight in the same 4x4 patch of reef. I know it is the same one, as it has a massive scar on its left side. There is always algae there, so it seems to stay and guard it for itself.
NICE!!! This is great! Ok, I need to work on my fish list again lol. Tell me what you think

1 pair ocellaris (already in tank)
1 pink streak wrasse (already in tank)
1 lawnmower blenny (already in tank)
Thinking of adding:
1 leopard wrasse
1 solar wrasse
1 atlantic blue
Too much? Just enough? Any potential problems?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had Stuart (wife named it and named it after where bath tub beach reef is in Florida) since it was the size of a quarter. I collected it at the beach in a very warm tide pool and brought it home. Then it made the trip to TN in a bucket after our spring break time there lol. It is about 9 years old or so now. Would have to ask her, as I collect so many fish it’s hard to remember.

I am going down this year as well, so if you want one and I can get one, it is yours. I will qt and house it until you are ready as well.

Just let me know. By law, I cannot sell it, but gifting is 100% ok and for you I wouldn’t charge anything anyways lol.

Just post some pretty horse pics here and there and we are good. I miss having horses : (

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had Stuart (wife named it and named it after where bath tub beach reef is in Florida) since it was the size of a quarter. I collected it at the beach in a very warm tide pool and brought it home. Then it made the trip to TN in a bucket after our spring break time there lol. It is about 9 years old or so now. Would have to ask her, as I collect so many fish it’s hard to remember.

I am going down this year as well, so if you want one and I can get one, it is yours. I will qt and house it until you are ready as well.

Just let me know. By law, I cannot sell it, but gifting is 100% ok and for you I wouldn’t charge anything anyways lol.

Just post some pretty horse pics here and there and we are good. I miss having horses : (
Yes, please! That is so amazing! Thank you!!! I'll get ALLLLLL the horse pictures for you ;Joyful

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, please! That is so amazing! Thank you!!! I'll get ALLLLLL the horse pictures for you ;Joyful
Added to my collection list for fishes. Will let ya know how it works out. We go down there the last week/first week or March/April and I have 4 days set for macro, fish and NPS nem collection set aside.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wow that is fantastic that you can collect them in the wild. How is their temperament normally? Do they have issues with other tangs?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that is fantastic that you can connect them in the wild. How is their temperament normally? Do they have issues with other tangs?
My Atlantic blues are the most well behaved of my tangs. I wonder if it that they don’t typically know what other tangs in the hobby are or what, but they are very shy at first and then are like puppies. At least my 3 are like that. All collected at different times and in different tanks, so all 3 being that way leads me to believe it is common. Although, they can hold their own and will buck up if someone tries to bully them.

@fishguy242 is yours about the same?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back