OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Erin look at you and your tank success so far! Love the gobies and I bet the kids are enjoying the tank show each day. What an opportunity to teach young minds about the world of nature!
I couldn't have done it without you :)

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got 2 fish in this tank and you can't even tell. It looks so empty! Lol
20200606_143549.jpg

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been thinking ahead to when I can add some corals to EJ, and I'm wondering about lights (I've got the 29g covered; I'll be using an OR T247). Right now, I have a Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED (I think). Lights are incredibly confusing to me, for some reason, and I'm having a hard time figuring out what would be best for a 10g. Whatever lights I get, they can't be expensive. Any advice you can give would be appreciated :)
You could also go with a Kessil H-80...not bad price wise at roughly $120, if you want to spend the extra $99 you can get the controller for it. I have seen several of them pop up on FB market recently around here maybe check and see if you can find one there locally?

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know, patience is necessary. I think its one of those "wanting to rush because I'm nervous to do it" things. I know, makes no sense lol
Well, you are female.

;Hilarious KIDDING!

Seriously, I get it. You are unsure so you want to get into it right away to test what you have learned. Everyone is anxious in the beginning of a new tank. Even long time reefers. You have a vision and you want to see it come to life.

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, you are female.

;Hilarious KIDDING!

Seriously, I get it. You are unsure so you want to get into it right away to test what you have learned. Everyone is anxious in the beginning of a new tank. Even long time reefers. You have a vision and you want to see it come to life.
And also, if I'm going to fail miserably and kill all the corals, I'd rather get it over with sooner rather than later ;Hilarious

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good morning do you have skimmer on 29,figuring out how where and how to use 29 for sump for 125 yet;):)
No skimmer on the 29. I didn't think I needed one, since I'm doing weekly water changes. Or at least, not until I start getting some of the more sensitive corals. And as far as the 125, let's get the 75 going before we start hounding him about the 125, shall we? Lol!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i get it 75 sump for 125,29 qt ,nice thinking:p;):)
pick up a cheapie skilter for 29,skimmer is your best friend:)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back