Errors on Neptune ATK

Discussion in 'Aquarium Controllers' started by jrp1588, Dec 2, 2017.

1. jrp1588

jrp1588 Member

Almost every day, I get an 'error' from my ATK that makes it turn itself off. I've got it hooked up to my Apex. The water level looks normal, and there's plenty of water in my ATO bucket, so I'm not sure what the issue could be. Here's a screenshot of the programming on it. Anything look weird?
    ATK.PNG

Tags:

2. Salty1962

Salty1962 Wrasse and SPS Lover R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

The program looks correct. Have you tried to turn off you ATK and then set it back to AUTO? Make sure your sensor is clean and nothing laying against it.

3. KhahnOkc

KhahnOkc New Member

Make sure you are getting good flow into the tank. One problem with the ATK is the float valve restricting the flow. If it runs more than 5:00, it will go into error mode, requiring a reset. Your can check this in Apex Fusion by checking the OUTPUT LOG. If this is the problem, adjust your float so it does not have any pressure on it when normal ATO filling. The float stop should only be a last resort measure. When I fixed this my run times went from >5min to <10Sec. I also changed my Min Time to 120:00 because I didn’t want the pump cycling twice as many times, for too short of time. 12 fills at 12 sec is better than 24 fills at 6sec.

4. jrp1588

jrp1588 Member

I believe the float valve is the issue. It actually got stuck fully closed today, which caused the error. How do I adjust it?

5. Salty1962

Salty1962 Wrasse and SPS Lover R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

I personally removed the float on mine. With the timer setting in the code it didn't seem to have allot of value but that's just my preference. I also adjusted, based on my fill requirements, the timer to 15:00 to eliminate having to reset the FMM module.

6. jrp1588

jrp1588 Member

I'll keep that in mind as a possibility. It does seem to have an absurd amount of redundancy. The other main issue I have is the little anti-siphon fitting. It's cool that they include it, since I had issues with this with my old Tunze Osm, but I don't like how it sprays and gurgles every time the pump turns on. Actually, it doesn't bother me much, but my fiance keeps eyeballing it every time it turns on. Gotta keep her liking the tank so she won't question the expenses on it too hard. haha

7. 6lilfish

6lilfish Well-Known Member

Hold the bracket and pick up on the float valve to adjust it

8. jrp1588

jrp1588 Member

Well, it hasn't been an issue since I realized the float was sticking in the closed position any time the water level got high, usually due to the return pump being turned off. Now I just wish it wouldn't stick.

Draft saved Draft deleted