Escaped Rainbow Bubble-tip Anenome

LALA123196

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy recently split. Yesterday he shrank down small enough to go through the weirs of the overflow box and now he is anchored in the corner where I can barely touch him with a pencil. What the heck can I do to get him to come out???

20210728_163010.jpg

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be very careful that you don't tear his foot. You can try using a small powerhead aimed directly at his foot to "peel" him off. I've heard that others have had success using a credit card to carefully slip/pry them off. I read somewhere that an ice cube held to its foot might work too. Good luck

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can literally just push him off the surface of the overflow with your fingernail.
My nems slide easy off the smooth nem box walls with my fingernail.
I've never had such luck except when they're stuck to a plastic shipping bag. Just another example of how I'm disfavored by the reef tank gods. :(

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be very careful that you don't tear his foot. You can try using a small powerhead aimed directly at his foot to "peel" him off. I've heard that others have had success using a credit card to carefully slip/pry them off. I read somewhere that an ice cube held to its foot might work too. Good luck
My favorite way to get them to let go is to tickle their foot lol gets me stung pretty good, but I don't like being tickled either!

Poof No Eyebrows

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it. Once again a nem manages to terrorize its owner lol.
Like already mentioned just take it slow. Might want to put it in a little dish when you put it back in the display.

Back