Eshopps 3rd. gen R-100 Refugium

helldiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got my r-100 sump and installing the eclipse L overflow trying to figure out how to plump this to sump because has has 3 drains and one one the sump how much miracle mud did you use

mrsalnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered my 3rd gen r-100 I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes
can you show me a picture of your setup, i am currently building my reef tank and i have the r-100 sump but i need return and skimmer and so on

Eric23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got my r-100 sump and installing the eclipse L overflow trying to figure out how to plump this to sump because has has 3 drains and one one the sump how much miracle mud did you use
Can anybody with an R100 confirm the sock size for me ?? I just bought a used 3rd gen R100 off someone and it's 24" long but has a 7" filter sock and smaller fuge section then what the eshopps website says ? It's definitely the 3rd gen with the return section in the back but dimensions are different..

ianryd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I know it's an older thread, but I just got the R-100, and this is a great thread with a lot of info on it. I'm curious how many of you are still using it and what your thoughts are all these years later? I really like it so far. My generic skimmer and Rio return pump fit just fine in the chambers. The only trouble I have is finding a heater that will fit in the 11.5" sump section. I have a 75 gallon tank, so I would like to get at least a 200 watt, preferably 300 watt heater. But they are all too long. I'm looking for recommendations!

thatguy08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna re-necro an old thread but is anyone using the R-100 or ADV-100 Gen 3. Tossing up what one I should get.

Thanks!

noobreefer2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm using a r-100 right now, very good sump if researched
before you buy one:
-Return pump section is very small
-there is a section in the back where the water flows into from the overflow, food can get stuck in there and then create exes nutrients
Otherwise Its a good sump there is space for pump, skimmer, and a fuge

happy reefing!

thatguy08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm using a r-100 right now, very good sump if researched
before you buy one:
-Return pump section is very small
-there is a section in the back where the water flows into from the overflow, food can get stuck in there and then create exes nutrients
Otherwise Its a good sump there is space for pump, skimmer, and a fuge

happy reefing!

I called the LFS and they said they had the R-100 in stock so went down to get it. Turns out they had miss counted and didn't have one in stock. Me being the impatient kind ended up haggling for a decent discount and walking out with the ADV-200. Will suit fairly well having the Vectra S1 return and Tunze 9004 skimmer they will fit with enough room

ShrimpBandit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
Got to mess with the sump tonight and found out a few interesting things! The I.D. of the return pump chamber is indeed 3.5". And my Waveline 6000 barely slid down to the bottom!
However, once you slid down about 13", the baffle ends from the refugium chamber and it opens up to 4.5". My pump now moves freely once at the bottom with a little wiggle room to spare. I will have to put a elbow on the suction end of the pump to not suck air. No big deal, been there done that!

I am taking out the float valve tonight, as I have a electronic one that needs no gravity. That will open up a bit more room in there as well.
Skimmer compartment is awesome. Tons of room fro my Reef Octopus NW 110 skimmer. I am really happy, and with the outlet being able to swing around in any direction I have loads of room for anything else I want to put in there.
Heres a top shot of chamber with skimmer placed inside.

A space saver skimmer would give you a ton of room. I just done like them as they are more of a chore to clean.
I THINK THE INSTALL MAY GO DOWN TOMORROW............REPEAT............INSTALL MAY GO DOWN TOMORROW.................LOL..................IF NOT, SUNDAY AFTER CHURCH....
I have the SAME sump and skimmer combo, ...only seven years later? I'm excited to read more of this old thread and I'm sad I didn't find it sooner.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back