ESHOPPS Mariner 70 Build

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
FTS with the new lid!
IMG_20240211_193602837.jpg

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wonder what’s the overall height of the tank?
From the floor to the top rim of the tank is right at 57.5" I believe. I can measure again when I get home this afternoon.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Do you have and photos inside the stand on the right side? I’m trying to decided how to go about the electronic side of the tank, and where to put everything.
I put a small screw in the back and hung one of the power strips. The other one takes different screws for mounting so it's sitting on the ground. My wiring is a mess so forgive me.

IMG_20240212_180451917.jpg

I'll eventually mount the other power strip just below the hanging one.

The heater controller is going to likely be mounted to the door just below the power strips.

ATO reservoir didn't fit in the right hand side so it's on the bottom shelf of the shelf next to the tank. I'll be printing a hanger that will hold both the heater controller and the light controller.

I'll also likely have the doser and the dosing reservoirs on the shelf outside the stand OR I'll mount them to the door on the left side - I haven't decided yet.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Also, I'll point out that the wires aren't the permanent wires which is partially why they're a mess still - I haven't taken the time to clean up what I'll be changing soon. I have a few things that are temporary until I transfer from the other tank.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I put a small screw in the back and hung one of the power strips. The other one takes different screws for mounting so it's sitting on the ground. My wiring is a mess so forgive me.

IMG_20240212_180451917.jpg

I'll eventually mount the other power strip just below the hanging one.

The heater controller is going to likely be mounted to the door just below the power strips.

ATO reservoir didn't fit in the right hand side so it's on the bottom shelf of the shelf next to the tank. I'll be printing a hanger that will hold both the heater controller and the light controller.

I'll also likely have the doser and the dosing reservoirs on the shelf outside the stand OR I'll mount them to the door on the left side - I haven't decided yet.
wow that looks like it might be a great spot to add some slides:
and put a control board that just tucks right in there...

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
wow that looks like it might be a great spot to add some slides:
and put a control board that just tucks right in there...
That area is just so skinny that drilling is almost impossible. I needed to do that before the stand was built.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've actually considered building a fake back wall to hide the wires. I think I could do that fairly easily and just drill a couple of holes that the wire ends could slip through. All the excess wire would be hidden behind that. I would probably also attach some LED backlighting behind it and on the front lip to help give a little more light inside when the door is open. Not sure if I'd put it on a controlled outlet or just wire a door switch - door switch would be better, controlled outlet would be easier.

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
ATO pump and LiveAquaria stuff should be here this evening! Unfortunately, I shouldn't be here this evening... :thinking-face: Everything is shelf stable so it won't be a big deal and my mother-in-law is likely going to be spending the night at our house tonight to watch the dogs so the boxes won't be sitting on the porch.

Goodies when I get home tomorrow or Saturday!!!

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATO pump and LiveAquaria stuff should be here this evening! Unfortunately, I shouldn't be here this evening... :thinking-face: Everything is shelf stable so it won't be a big deal and my mother-in-law is likely going to be spending the night at our house tonight to watch the dogs so the boxes won't be sitting on the porch.

Goodies when I get home tomorrow or Saturday!!!
Going somewhere fun?

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 8 13.3%
Back