ESHOPPS Mariner 70 Build

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Started moving the rock in. Now I need to try to organize and place appropriately.
IMG_20240130_202201182.jpg

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know. I'll try again Thursday at 102%. This time I'll only print 1 though.
you could print just the end you want to try to fit, if it works, print the whole thing, if not, you haven't spent the time on teh whole thing.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
you could print just the end you want to try to fit, if it works, print the whole thing, if not, you haven't spent the time on teh whole thing.
It's close and the tops seemed to loosen up when I swiveled couple of times so I think 102% should be good. If it's still not going over it, I'll sand the print some.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It's close and the tops seemed to loosen up when I swiveled couple of times so I think 102% should be good. If it's still not going over it, I'll sand the print some.
blasting it with a heat gun to loosen it up a little also makes a world of difference.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
blasting it with a heat gun to loosen it up a little also makes a world of difference.
This was a consideration as well, but the VFG are loose enough after swiveling them some that I'm a little concerned they may pop off while running.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This was a consideration as well, but the VFG are loose enough after swiveling them some that I'm a little concerned they may pop off while running.
wear gloves and hit them with a heat gun and close them up a bit over the other fitting. keep them moving and it should still pop-off after it cools.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That's all of the rock. I may rearrange it some to make it taller with more shelves and caves but I want to make sure whatever I end up with is stable. All 3 shelves (middle and both sides) have frag plug holes. The center one is technically for the sand and I may move it down there. I could do Blastos on one end and Micromussa on the other since it has 9 holes or something like that.

musel101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright. I'm going to get this started!

I won the ESHOPPS Mariner 70 giveaway so I'm setting up the build thread. Pictures will be coming as I set it up!

Equipment List:
Obviously, ESHOPPS Mariner 70
ESHOPPS RS-100 sump
ESHOPPS S-120 Protein Skimmer and
ESHOPPS Lift Skimmer Stand
Rio+ 2100 Return Pump
2 Noopsyche K7 V3 140watt
Maybe 1 Noopsyche K7 V3 75watt
Inkbird 300 watt Inkpet aquarium heater
Inkbird ITC-306T Heater Controller
Jebao DC4 Dosing Pump
Avast Marine Plank auto feeder

Aquascape:
I'm going to go for a natural-ish aquascape with shelves. Many of the rocks are Aragocrete shelves that I made myself. Pic to come once tank is set up!

Blank slate! 1/26/24
IMG_20240126_145959968.jpg

It's got a different footprint which is cool! Very similar to my old 75 - 36" x 21" x 21".
Wow

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well, my salt still says today by 10 pm but as of right now it's been sitting at Amazon since 4:30 this morning. It could still arrive today but I'm guessing I'll be topping off tomorrow, not tonight.

Also, the tank is probably only about half full of the rock that I need for it to not look empty. I'll see what I can do this evening to make the scape taller without losing structural integrity.

The other option is to add some of the rock from the 125 later.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We got some salt mixed last night and got another batch going right now.

Today's agenda after the co-op is going to be:
  • Get a 1/2" union for the return line
  • Plumb the return pump
  • Start more saltwater
  • Order sand - I'm considering waiting on this until the January Supporter Giveaway ends in case I win LiveAquaria GC?
  • Maybe rearrange rockwork some
I'm thinking about starting to take some of the rock out of the 125 but with the Aiptasia in there I'd almost rather take a rock out, dry it for a day or two, then add it. I know I'll have die off and decay but that'll just cause ammonia in the tank to help jumpstart bacteria.

Question for anyone that might know:
  • If I let the rock dry out for a week or two and any Aiptasia dies, will the dead parts regenerate into live Aiptasia?
  • Would it be better to put the rock in a container and baste it with boiling water and then dry I for a couple of days to ensure death and destruction of any Aiptasia?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We got some salt mixed last night and got another batch going right now.

Today's agenda after the co-op is going to be:
  • Get a 1/2" union for the return line
  • Plumb the return pump
  • Start more saltwater
  • Order sand - I'm considering waiting on this until the January Supporter Giveaway ends in case I win LiveAquaria GC?
  • Maybe rearrange rockwork some
I'm thinking about starting to take some of the rock out of the 125 but with the Aiptasia in there I'd almost rather take a rock out, dry it for a day or two, then add it. I know I'll have die off and decay but that'll just cause ammonia in the tank to help jumpstart bacteria.

Question for anyone that might know:
  • If I let the rock dry out for a week or two and any Aiptasia dies, will the dead parts regenerate into live Aiptasia?
  • Would it be better to put the rock in a container and baste it with boiling water and then dry I for a couple of days to ensure death and destruction of any Aiptasia?
don't think you can do much anything to be totally sure no more aips except acid bath,JMO... :rolleyes:

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 34 14.9%
  • No

Votes: 169 74.1%
  • Unsure

Votes: 25 11.0%
Back