ESHOPPS Mariner 70 Build

Well @tbrown I'm pretty impressed with this little skimmer. It's only been a week but I've been able to tune it and get some real nasty looking stuff.

I have a large refugium and my nutrients stay low, but my water always has a discoloration. The skimmer seems to be helping remove some of it.

I'm cautiously watching making sure I don't zero things out.
20240816_075831.jpg
I ran mine 1.5 hours at a time, 4 times a day. I was able to get I dialed in to run super nasty thick skimmate and I only had to empty it once every 2 months. I never had that good of success with the Curve.
 
RFA is dripping!
IMG_20240816_133853345.jpg

Now to start the sump fish stocking list...
 
Both were sold as "Black" Ocellaris but I think one's a Mocha.
Acclimate the black O's a lil bit longer than would other clowns... :)
 
Nice and with them in there you may be able to avoid the aggression issues when they pair
Yeah. I have 3 in the DT that have been together for about 3 years now. I didn't want to split them up and cause a hierarchy shift and gladiator style.
 
I'd drip, seems like they are 10x more delicate to acclimation .
Sounds good. They've been floating for about 15 minutes. I'll start the drip here soon.
 
Sounds good. They've been floating for about 15 minutes. I'll start the drip here soon.
separate container w bag water then drip... :)
 
Source water:
SG 1.025
pH 8.2

My water:
SG 1.026
pH 8.1

Pretty close. Dripping anyways because Frank's been in the business a lot longer than me!
 
I need to buy a filter. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: They're both likely Mochas. The smaller one has a "red" nose and his fins also appear to be reddish. The big one has a red face and red fins with black lining. His whole lower half is a deep brownish red fading into a black upper half. He'll become female almost guaranteed. The smaller one was the second smallest of the 9 or 10 in the tank. He was the only one that almost had a black nose.
IMG_20240817_155918786.jpg
 
Sitting on the couch right now.

My son: Oh yeah mom, dad bought some clownfish today.

Wife: You bought more clownfish? How much were they?

:oops: :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new