ESV Transition Elements

brick-brothers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have anybody ever tried this product? What's yall thoughts?

Screenshot_20210405-151630_Chrome.jpg

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what I was able to gather for ya...

Mad hatters reef did a review on this product a little while back

As for ingredients and this is coming straight from the company...

From Bob Stark...

"Thanks for using our products and your interest in the Transition Elements! We have found that the transition elements iron, manganese, and zinc deplete very rapidly in closed reef aquaria even when being supplemented by products containing these elements such as our salt mix and B-ionic Calcium Buffer. As such, we recommend using the products in addition to our other products. Our Transition Elements Plus incorporates carbon dosing (citric acid and vitamin C) and is recommended for systems with nitrate levels over 5 ppm. For systems running with nitrate levels below 5 ppm, or are currently using another form of carbon dosing, we recommend our standard Transition Elements product which does not provide carbon dosing. Hope that helps!

Regards,

Bob Stark
ESV Aquarium Products Inc."

Hope this all helps!

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started dosing the transition elements, not the plus, as my NO3 is bottomed out. don’t have any thoughts on it yet, in fact I’m trying to do some research myself which is how I found this post. :)

my LFS loves the stuff...

OP
OP
brick-brothers

brick-brothers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started dosing the transition elements, not the plus, as my NO3 is bottomed out. don’t have any thoughts on it yet, in fact I’m trying to do some research myself which is how I found this post. :)

my LFS loves the stuff...
Yea I'm debating should I give this a try

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I'm debating should I give this a try
What salt are you using? I use Reef Crystals and have been dosing ESV for 2 days now. Just pulled a water sample and am sending to Triton for lab work. I’ll let you know the results on the trace elements that ESV replaces...

Spencer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What salt are you using? I use Reef Crystals and have been dosing ESV for 2 days now. Just pulled a water sample and am sending to Triton for lab work. I’ll let you know the results on the trace elements that ESV replaces...
What were your results/conclusions?

Spencer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I would challenge Bob Stark's assertion quoted above that zinc depletes rapidly. I never dosed any, and foods and 1% daily water changes kept it spot on based on a Triton ICP test.
Randy, having recently read "I Contain Multitudes" by Ed Yong, I wanted to get your take on microbial diversity in home reef aquariums and if you know of any active studies or recent publications that could be of use for the "advanced" reefers out there. I understand it's a little outside of inorganic chemistry but I still suspect you're better read on the landscape than I am.

It seems like Aquabiomics is a pioneer here...

We can about this elsewhere if you want.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back