OP
OP
Gabbone

Gabbone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question, if dead can be dangerous to leave it in the tank?

OP
OP
Gabbone

Gabbone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run reefled 50 at only 35% blue. And they did very well under this setting for a month!

OP
OP
Gabbone

Gabbone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dipped it before with a dip against bjd

OP
OP
Gabbone

Gabbone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just rehome the big guy in a huge tank full of algae to eat at the fish shop. He was very happy

OP
OP
Gabbone

Gabbone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPGRADE: our poor friend is unfortunately dead. I removed it from the water and... heavy smell of rotten. I make better pictures and it literally looks like it's been bitten off/ripped in some places.

I decided to remove it because it was expelling a white/transparent substance into the water and it doesn't give me a good feeling.

Any thought? Feedback?

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1287.jpg

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably a good decision. I do think it seems like some sort of physical damage. Watch your other euphyllia over the coming days. Just to make sure there isn’t anything left in your tank that will go after them.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi, My euphillya was doing very good then this morning suddently has retract and looks like something poked his tentacles with a needle. They look emptied and downside.

I tried to dip but nothing changed. No sign of parasite, FW, bjd or eggs. Everything happened in 2 minutes and hasn't change since then. I moved it to the bottom with less flow to recover but doesn't look well.

I also have lugols at 5% solution. I can dip but I don't know about the dosage.

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg
Its retracted and first thing I would do is get it off the sand which irritate them. Additionally, assure your phosphate level is not elevated and calcium is not below 400 which they need for skeletal health.
While this type of coral is not picky, it needs to be in an area where it receives moderate light and water flow and the sandbed is the lowest point for both. The white substance may be expelling of zooxanthellae as again, not enough light to sustain the inner algae and also deed 2x a week with mysis shrimp

OP
OP
Gabbone

Gabbone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I exclude it. I target feed them any other day with liquid and solid coral food.

Position was on top to get the good light. I moved it to the sand bed after it retracted.

Calcium is 490ppm.

bubbgee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend a round of Cipro. I have quite a few torches, hammers and frogspawn. I recently had a frogspawn starting to look the same and hit it with a weeks of Cipro dosing. Vast improvement. Not saying it’ll help here but it may and at the very least it won’t hurt.
Hi, I've done this but unable to successfully treat torches as I've lost them (performed dip instead of dosing). How did you actually perform the dosing?

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I've done this but unable to successfully treat torches as I've lost them (performed dip instead of dosing). How did you actually perform the dosing?
I give the entire tank a complete dosing round. 500 mg tablet dissolved in rodi/treated tap in approx half a solo cup. Then I put about 1/5 of it in every day until done. You can also do it every other day. But do it when the lights are low or off in the tank as it loses efficacy in bright light. Also refrigerate the remainder til using.

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I exclude it. I target feed them any other day with liquid and solid coral food.

Position was on top to get the good light. I moved it to the sand bed after it retracted.

Calcium is 490ppm.
Pretty high calcium. Better at about 420 or so

bubbgee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I give the entire tank a complete dosing round. 500 mg tablet dissolved in rodi/treated tap in approx half a solo cup. Then I put about 1/5 of it in every day until done. You can also do it every other day. But do it when the lights are low or off in the tank as it loses efficacy in bright light. Also refrigerate the remainder til using.
Thanks, I will try that. I've heard of some euphyllia owners doing the dose on a monthly basis. Have you done that?

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I will try that. I've heard of some euphyllia owners doing the dose on a monthly basis. Have you done that?
Whenever I introduce new ones from a less trusted source at least.. More like every few months normally

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back