Euphyllia coral looks sad

matildaschiffers

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2025
Messages
13
Reaction score
5
Location
New york
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I had this euphyllia coral for a couple of months at frist it looked great but I noticed it started to look a tad weird, Idk what i did wrong and could someone help me…
My parameters are
NO2- 0
NO3- 3-5
PO4- 0.03
NH3- 0
KH/ALK- 8.6

IMG_7087.jpeg IMG_7089.jpeg
 
Why do you think it looks weird? It’s extended nicely. If it was stressed it would look deflated or retracted. Have you changed your lighting or flow lately? How’s your magnesium level?
 
Maybe it wants more light? The one in the photo is splitting into two heads.
 
I am also curious what makes you concerned about it. It looks fine to me. How is everything else in your tank?
 
Why do you think it looks weird? It’s extended nicely. If it was stressed it would look deflated or retracted. Have you changed your lighting or flow lately? How’s your magnesium level?
Well, when I first got it. It looked idk how to say it. More puffy? Like fluffy u could say. Now it kind of looks more skinny and stuff. Maybe it’s just splitting a lot? Cuz from what I noticed it split a lot over the couple months I had it. I think it had like 4/5 heads when I first got it.
 
I am also curious what makes you concerned about it. It looks fine to me. How is everything else in your tank?
Why do you think it looks weird? It’s extended nicely. If it was stressed it would look deflated or retracted. Have you changed your lighting or flow lately? How’s your magnesium level?
Well, when I first got it. It looked idk how to say it. More puffy? Like fluffy u could say. Now it kind of looks more skinny and stuff. Maybe it’s just splitting a lot? Cuz from what I noticed it split a lot over the couple months I had it. I think it had like 4/5 heads when I first got it.
looks fine to me, what makes you worried about it?
 
Maybe it wants more light? The one in the photo is splitting into two heads.
Why do you think it looks weird? It’s extended nicely. If it was stressed it would look deflated or retracted. Have you changed your lighting or flow lately? How’s your magnesium level?
Well, when I first got it. It looked idk how to say it. More puffy? Like fluffy u could say. Now it kind of looks more skinny and stuff. Maybe it’s just splitting a lot? Cuz from what I noticed it split a lot over the couple months I had it. I think it had like 4/5 heads when I first got it.

Also the head on the front is splitting into 2, and in the back one head is splitting into 3
 
If it’s spilt a lot since you got it, I’d say it’s doing quite well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new