Euphyllia diseas????

jrmymartin13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the course of a few weeks something has been plaguing my euphyllia, everything else in tank is doing good, including an elegance, a Duncan, acans, and several. Tank has always had low nitrates and I have had a few other swings. But I feel like this is pest or disease. I have dipped with revive and seacham iodine, and I’ve dozed cipro with no luck. Currently waiting on an icp test.
IMG_1358.jpeg
IMG_1359.jpeg
IMG_1359.jpeg
IMG_1359.jpeg
IMG_1392.jpeg
IMG_1364.jpeg
IMG_1365.jpeg
IMG_1366.jpeg
IMG_1367.jpeg

wculver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When this comes up there are a couple options.

1. If some of the heads just look sick I would suggest doing a hydrogen peroxide dip. There is a good thread if you do a quick search on what dose to use. I have done this successfully a number of times in the past but it only works if a head is sick and not already lost so much of the calyx that it is shedding over the leading edge.

2. With one of the first pictures I saw the shedding mentioned above. For this case I would first cut off the bad parts either with bone cutters, snap them off if possible, or use a demel (which is my go-to.) Once you have the ones with the RTN (Rapid Tissue Necrosis) chopped off I would consider doing the hydrogen peroxide dip on what's left.

You'll need to act fast on this becuase they can be wiped out in a day or two without attention.

Part 2 of this is that water chemistry may be at fault here, or in another case perhaps there was just an injury that caused the RTN and it spread to others (I have had this happen before). It would be important to have an accurate account of Nitrates and Phosphates along with what you dose, if anyhting, for trace elements.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 108 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back