Euphyllia diseas????

jrmymartin13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the course of a few weeks something has been plaguing my euphyllia, everything else in tank is doing good, including an elegance, a Duncan, acans, and several. Tank has always had low nitrates and I have had a few other swings. But I feel like this is pest or disease. I have dipped with revive and seacham iodine, and I’ve dozed cipro with no luck. Currently waiting on an icp test.
IMG_1392.jpeg
IMG_1367.jpeg
IMG_1366.jpeg
IMG_1365.jpeg
IMG_1364.jpeg
IMG_1360.jpeg
IMG_1358.jpeg

Last edited:

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has it been in there and the other lps? I bet your PO4 is zero and this is slowly starving. They have some reserve to do fine for awhile then all of a sudden they don’t.

OP
OP
J

jrmymartin13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has it been in there and the other lps? I bet your PO4 is zero and this is slowly starving. They have some reserve to do fine for awhile then all of a sudden they don’t.
The large torch under the white tail and the large hammer has been in the tank for about 1.5 years started as a single polyp. All the others have been in the tank since about April. Phosphate is at .02 to 0.04 according to the Redsea test

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The large torch under the white tail and the large hammer has been in the tank for about 1.5 years started as a single polyp. All the others have been in the tank since about April. Phosphate is at .02 to 0.04 according to the Redsea test
Though those nutrients are low it doesn’t explain the hammer unless it was a large piece aquired from a more nutrient rich tank. Maybe a few other opinions. @MERKEY @vetteguy53081

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try feeding some reef roids, which will elevate the po4.
If a positive response, rhats a solution.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Feed mysis shrimp opposed to powder foods. Has light or flow changed?
If not, check phosphate to assure no sudden rise and also that temp and salinity has not risen

OP
OP
J

jrmymartin13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Though those nutrients are low it doesn’t explain the hammer unless it was a large piece aquired from a more nutrient rich tank. Maybe a few other opinions. @MERKEY @vetteguy53081

OP
OP
J

jrmymartin13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed mysis shrimp opposed to powder foods. Has light or flow changed?
If not, check phosphate to assure no sudden rise and also that temp and salinity has not risen
No nothing had changed in the tank since April when the smaller ines were added. They have grown quite slow since then not sure if it’s related or not

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This would be my first thought.

Starving as they came from a higher nutrient tank.

The loss of color would indicate this as well.

As others have mentioned, try bringing nutrients up OR keep your tank running how you have been and understand that some corals will have a rougher time adjusting than others. And some may not make it.

But Don't chase numbers, I know this hobby is confusing lol

OP
OP
J

jrmymartin13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This would be my first thought.

Starving as they came from a higher nutrient tank.

The loss of color would indicate this as well.

As others have mentioned, try bringing nutrients up OR keep your tank running how you have been and understand that some corals will have a rougher time adjusting than others. And some may not make it.

But Don't chase numbers, I know this hobby is confusing lol
I figured If it was nutrient cause, I would’ve seen signs along time ago the biggest two have been in for about 1.5 years the smaller frags have been in since about April just started going to hell about a month ago. I’ve been trying to bring nitrates up since it’s been mentioned

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Powder Brown Tang,That after years as a model citizen. Has slowly decimated my euphyllias with the occasional nipping..The Tang has been in my tank for at least 20 years..

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back