Euphyllia Eating Flatworm questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter BillB83
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BillB83

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2023
Messages
298
Reaction score
111
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will EEFWs die off in a tank without any euphyllia?

I removed a torch from my display tank (DT) and found a large EEFW (Euphyllia-Eating Flatworm) on its base. I took the worm off, scraped away all the eggs, dipped the coral, and placed it in my frag tank—which currently has no euphyllia. My plan is to dip it again in 7–10 days before returning it to the DT.

Also, since I found a large worm in my DT, I assume there are more. However, all my other euphyllia look perfectly healthy.

For those with EEFW experience:

  • Do these flatworms die off without euphyllia present?
  • Could my dusky wrasse (which constantly picks at corals) be eating the smaller worms and keeping them in check ?
Any advice is appreciated!
 
Will EEFWs die off in a tank without any euphyllia?

I removed a torch from my display tank (DT) and found a large EEFW (Euphyllia-Eating Flatworm) on its base. I took the worm off, scraped away all the eggs, dipped the coral, and placed it in my frag tank—which currently has no euphyllia. My plan is to dip it again in 7–10 days before returning it to the DT.

Also, since I found a large worm in my DT, I assume there are more. However, all my other euphyllia look perfectly healthy.

For those with EEFW experience:

  • Do these flatworms die off without euphyllia present?
  • Could my dusky wrasse (which constantly picks at corals) be eating the smaller worms and keeping them in check ?
Any advice is appreciated!

Did not know about this, so, I did a Google search. Maybe useful

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/eefw-infestation-euphyllia-eating-flatworms.549090/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new