Euphyllia (Hammer specifically) touching rock

  • Thread starter Thread starter robotrash
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

robotrash

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2023
Messages
309
Reaction score
355
Location
Springfield, IL
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I recently got my first hammer coral, removed the enormous plug it was on, and glued the skeleton to a piece of LR in my tank. I noticed now that it's extending a bit some of it if resting against an adjacent rock face. Is this an issue?

Sorry for the bad focus, phone cam did not want to get it together:
20230913_111137.jpg
 
Plus 1 on them being fine touching rocks. I've got both my Hammer and Frogspawn mounted directly to the same rock and both are touching rock in one place or another. Both are happy and growing.
 
Much appreciated for the quick answers all! My first glue down was a bit of a mess so I really didn't want to have to redo it already :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
 
Much appreciated for the quick answers all! My first glue down was a bit of a mess so I really didn't want to have to redo it already :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
I've been doing this for quite a while and I'm pretty sure I've gotten super glue gel on everything I own and my gluing/epoxy work is rarely nice looking at first in the tank. Good thing coralline algae eventually grows over the evidence of my lack of skill. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: lol.

looks bad seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
 
I've been doing this for quite a while and I'm pretty sure I've gotten super glue gel on everything I own and my gluing/epoxy work is rarely nice looking at first in the tank. Good thing coralline algae eventually grows over the evidence of my lack of skill. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: lol.

looks bad seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I managed to drip some glue directly into the tank before I even got the frag down. The stuff I was using was too thin I think. I need to get a better gel for future gluing. I noticed one of the hermit crabs like an hour later grab a small glue string I had missed and eat it -_- they truly are reef goats. He's still going strong so I guess he didn't glue his guts together.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new