Euphyllia (Hammer specifically) touching rock

robotrash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I recently got my first hammer coral, removed the enormous plug it was on, and glued the skeleton to a piece of LR in my tank. I noticed now that it's extending a bit some of it if resting against an adjacent rock face. Is this an issue?

Sorry for the bad focus, phone cam did not want to get it together:
20230913_111137.jpg

fodsod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plus 1 on them being fine touching rocks. I've got both my Hammer and Frogspawn mounted directly to the same rock and both are touching rock in one place or another. Both are happy and growing.

fodsod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Much appreciated for the quick answers all! My first glue down was a bit of a mess so I really didn't want to have to redo it already :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
I've been doing this for quite a while and I'm pretty sure I've gotten super glue gel on everything I own and my gluing/epoxy work is rarely nice looking at first in the tank. Good thing coralline algae eventually grows over the evidence of my lack of skill. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: lol.

looks bad seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

OP
OP
robotrash

robotrash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been doing this for quite a while and I'm pretty sure I've gotten super glue gel on everything I own and my gluing/epoxy work is rarely nice looking at first in the tank. Good thing coralline algae eventually grows over the evidence of my lack of skill. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: lol.

looks bad seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I managed to drip some glue directly into the tank before I even got the frag down. The stuff I was using was too thin I think. I need to get a better gel for future gluing. I noticed one of the hermit crabs like an hour later grab a small glue string I had missed and eat it -_- they truly are reef goats. He's still going strong so I guess he didn't glue his guts together.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back