• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Eurobrace 30 gallon

Jilly92

View Badges
Reaction score
So I have a 30 gallon frag tank that's my experimenting tank and I was wondering if anyone has stripped the top black support brace and switched it to an acrylic eurobrace? Want a more rimless look. I wouldnt attempt on bigger main tank, but 30 gal i think would work..

OP
Jilly92

Jilly92

View Badges
Reaction score
What kind of tank is your frag system? I know nothing about putting tanks together but I don't see anything wrong with your plan.
very simple. a hob filter one powerhead and bubbler. just wanted someones input or tips who has done it

BillyKVT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I did this to a GLASS 40g breeder and it's been running fine for 5+ years (no leaks, cracks). I had my local glass shop cut me two long strips of 2 inch wide glass (1/4"' thick) and ran them across the length of the tank, one on each end. Silicone and clamps for a couple of days.

As far as the removal of the black brace it's a major pain in the a**. I used a fine saw and separated the perpendiculars. Then bent them with my fingers to snap the sides off. Finally, I slowly ripped off the top pieces. The biggest pain was cleaning all of the old silicone off and getting it ready for the euro brace. Mind you, the glass might not be perfectly level and flush when you take the black plastic off. I got lucky and it was. Also, I didn't add a center brace.

OP
Jilly92

Jilly92

View Badges
Reaction score
I did this to a GLASS 40g breeder and it's been running fine for 5+ years (no leaks, cracks). I had my local glass shop cut me two long strips of 2 inch wide glass (1/4"' thick) and ran them across the length of the tank, one on each end. Silicone and clamps for a couple of days.

As far as the removal of the black brace it's a major pain in the a**. I used a fine saw and separated the perpendiculars. Then bent them with my fingers to snap the sides off. Finally, I slowly ripped off the top pieces. The biggest pain was cleaning all of the old silicone off and getting it ready for the euro brace. Mind you, the glass might not be perfectly level and flush when you take the black plastic off. I got lucky and it was. Also, I didn't add a center brace.
That’s very helpful! I’ve watched a lot of YouTube videos on the subject to feel comfortable, but wanted that last bit of reassurance (that it’s held up in the long run) lol.

Lazys Coral House

How vigilant are you when it comes to the TDS of your RODI water?

• It is VERY important to me

Votes: 304 63.9%
  • It is somewhat important to me

Votes: 136 28.6%
  • It is NOT important to me

Votes: 26 5.5%
  • Other (please explain in thread)

Votes: 10 2.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors