Eurobrace 30 gallon

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 30 gallon frag tank that's my experimenting tank and I was wondering if anyone has stripped the top black support brace and switched it to an acrylic eurobrace? Want a more rimless look. I wouldnt attempt on bigger main tank, but 30 gal i think would work..

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of tank is your frag system? I know nothing about putting tanks together but I don't see anything wrong with your plan.

OP
OP
Jilly92

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of tank is your frag system? I know nothing about putting tanks together but I don't see anything wrong with your plan.
very simple. a hob filter one powerhead and bubbler. just wanted someones input or tips who has done it

BillyKVT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did this to a GLASS 40g breeder and it's been running fine for 5+ years (no leaks, cracks). I had my local glass shop cut me two long strips of 2 inch wide glass (1/4"' thick) and ran them across the length of the tank, one on each end. Silicone and clamps for a couple of days.

As far as the removal of the black brace it's a major pain in the a**. I used a fine saw and separated the perpendiculars. Then bent them with my fingers to snap the sides off. Finally, I slowly ripped off the top pieces. The biggest pain was cleaning all of the old silicone off and getting it ready for the euro brace. Mind you, the glass might not be perfectly level and flush when you take the black plastic off. I got lucky and it was. Also, I didn't add a center brace.

OP
OP
Jilly92

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did this to a GLASS 40g breeder and it's been running fine for 5+ years (no leaks, cracks). I had my local glass shop cut me two long strips of 2 inch wide glass (1/4"' thick) and ran them across the length of the tank, one on each end. Silicone and clamps for a couple of days.

As far as the removal of the black brace it's a major pain in the a**. I used a fine saw and separated the perpendiculars. Then bent them with my fingers to snap the sides off. Finally, I slowly ripped off the top pieces. The biggest pain was cleaning all of the old silicone off and getting it ready for the euro brace. Mind you, the glass might not be perfectly level and flush when you take the black plastic off. I got lucky and it was. Also, I didn't add a center brace.
That’s very helpful! I’ve watched a lot of YouTube videos on the subject to feel comfortable, but wanted that last bit of reassurance (that it’s held up in the long run) lol.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back