Euroreef vs 135 skimmer issue

florida reef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 4, 2010
Messages
883
Reaction score
18
Location
Vacation Spot
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I have had my skimmer for almost a year now and it has been working great. Today I took the skimmer out of my sump to perform preventive maintenance and give it a good cleaning. First I completely disassembled everything and rinsed it good, including the pump. I too out the pinwheel and scrubber it with a toothbrush. I re-assembled it and put it in a plastic tote in preparation for a vinegar bath BUT had not yet added any vinegar to the tub. I fired the skimmer up and it was producing very few bubbles. The airline is not obstructed in any way and I checked and rechecked my assembly of the pump. The pump usually produces at least 100x the amount of bubbles it is producing right now. I don't know what to do for now besides let it run and see if it is "breaking in" again. What do you think skimmer experts?
 
Update for anyone who's interested. Upon further inspection I noticed the magnet on my impeller had some wear marks on it. Also, I noticed a small crack in the pin wheel. I have since ordered a new pinwheel assembly from euroreef(reef dynamics) and hopefully that will fix the problem. If not, I may have to order the new bubbleking double cone 250...YEA RIGHT!!!! I wish.
 
its good to replace the wheel, but if you were testing it in fresh water instead of saltwater, your not gonna get the bubbles and froth.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new