Euyphillia With exposed skeleton?

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I have a post similar to this but my single euyphillia I think is sick. Once someone or something touches it, it fully retracts and shows the skeleton. Go look at my other post. It has been like that but now you can see the skeleton if something touches it. My parameters are all what you expect with zeros and 2's and calcium and magnesium in check along with alk. Any ideas of what this might be? Ill post a pic soon

Justanano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you started a second emergency post on the same thing?

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I have a post similar to this but my single euyphillia I think is sick. Once someone or something touches it, it fully retracts and shows the skeleton. Go look at my other post. It has been like that but now you can see the skeleton if something touches it. My parameters are all what you expect with zeros and 2's and calcium and magnesium in check along with alk. Any ideas of what this might be? Ill post a pic soon

What are your actual calcium numbers?

Yes, a picture would be helpful. In fact, posting ALL of your water parameters would be required to provide help.

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I touched it because I had to dip it. This post is different because now the skeleton is exposed. My parameters
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 2 ish
calcium now is 450
alk is 9
mag is around 1400

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic is coming today, I was told to check the base of it and I did with nothing on it that's why I dipped it
If you move it, it will retract. If you dip it, it will retract. If a crab crawls over it, it will retract. If you're parameters are different from where it came, it will retract. If you put it under different light or flow, it will retract.

All these things irritate the coral to some degree. If it's not melting be away, or doesn't have pests you can identify with just your eyes, you need to leave it alone.

And posting actual parameters and when those parameters were taken should be posted allong with pictures. It's hard to give advice when "all parameters are normal". That's very vague and gives the impression you want to blame something else and not even consider water chemistry to be a possibility.

People WANT TO HELP. We just can't when given very vague descriptions

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Some pics under white lights would be very helpful

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 45 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.5%
Back