Evaluate my stocking list (180 gallon reef)

QuarantinedCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I’m setting up my 180 gallon reef tank very soon and I’m putting a lot of planning into my stocking list. I know the naso tang is gonna be too big for my tank at a point but I have plans for a 300+ gallon reef within the next couple of years. My friend is rehoming the naso and it’s about 4 inches, if it outgrows my tank before I can upgrade I will rehome him as well. I would love to have multiple zebrasoma tangs such as multiple yellow tangs, scopas, or even purple tangs so please let me know your experiences with keeping multiple zebrasoma tangs and how many you would recommend to curb the aggression. All of my tangs will definitely be quarantined with prazi, feel free to recommend other medications as well. I will introduce all of the tangs together. I’m also thinking of adding a tomini into the mix!

99F7EAD1-F8E4-47AF-A88B-B747384C1C48.png

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To manage aggression, get similar size one, and add all of them in the new tank at the same time. But there is always possibility that one will develop a habit of keep picking another one in particular later. When that happen there is not much you can do able it besides remove one. Didn't happen often from what I read, but keep that risk in mind.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back