Every Time I do a Water Change My Corals get Very Stressed Out - Is is from Palytoxin?

OP
OP
that Reef Guy

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's always nice go hear u are not crazy.
I have maybe a hundred of the so-called Texas trash palys in a 25 gal system. But I only have to irritate a few to get a reaction from my other coral. They get upset with water changes either from the power head I use to blow detritus off everything before the change or if they get caught and yanked by the siphon hose. I tried to kill them by injecting vinegar into them. Really bad idea. The reason they are still there is because I can't take out the rocks they are on and can't find a way to kill them without nuking my whole tank. My other zoanthids reacted by closing up. The effects have been verified many times. There is no doubt in my mind the palys are the cause.

For sure.

Thanks for Posting.

Everyone here just kept saying oh its got to be the new water or what is your Phosphate at or do you use RO Water, etc.?

And I am here pulling out my hair because I know it is none of those things because I keep everything constant and if that were the case all 4 of my tanks would be having this problem not the same one over and over again.

It gets so frustrating when people tell me I am wrong while the same time asking me all the Noob questions like I just started Reefing yesterday!

When in fact I have been doing this for 4.5 Years.

I knew it was something out of the ordinary but nobody else agreed with me until you chimed in with the same problem.

Thanks so much.

joebcf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The brand of pump you showed in the picture with the worms has been known to get a crack in case and put stray voltage in tank they claim the new ones don't do it but I changed brands never did shock me but tank kept going down hill finely put a multimeter from tank water to plug ground was glad no one got hurt but tank was on vinyl floor and so were we so no ground circuit

OP
OP
that Reef Guy

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The brand of pump you showed in the picture with the worms has been known to get a crack in case and put stray voltage in tank they claim the new ones don't do it but I changed brands never did shock me but tank kept going down hill finely put a multimeter from tank water to plug ground was glad no one got hurt but tank was on vinyl floor and so were we so no ground circuit

Would the Crack be a Big One that is easy to see or would you have no way of knowing that it Cracked?

What caused these Cracks?

Wrothgar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure.

Thanks for Posting.

Everyone here just kept saying oh its got to be the new water or what is your Phosphate at or do you use RO Water, etc.?

And I am here pulling out my hair because I know it is none of those things because I keep everything constant and if that were the case all 4 of my tanks would be having this problem not the same one over and over again.

It gets so frustrating when people tell me I am wrong while the same time asking me all the Noob questions like I just started Reefing yesterday!

When in fact I have been doing this for 4.5 Years.

I knew it was something out of the ordinary but nobody else agreed with me until you chimed in with the same problem.

Thanks so much.
Lol be patient with everyone were just going through scientific process and eliminating possible missteps did you ever figure out what exactly your problem was?

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 46.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 33 32.4%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back