Everyone’s new SPS dip procedure

  • Thread starter Thread starter nbd13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nbd13

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 26, 2018
Messages
652
Reaction score
317
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

Just getting back in the hobby after 10+ years out and back then it was mainly red bugs and interceptor dips.

What does everyone do now for dips to deal with pests? Seems much more common?

For wild pieces do people do different things?

Thanks,

Nick
 
I have switched methods. They go into a quarantine tank and solely using seachem reef dip atm around a week after they go into qt. This was a personal choice hard to be a bee keeper and justify using bayer in any fashion. Have thought about buying the dip from @UWC but i havent pulled the trigger yet.
 
I sometimes use CoralRx or Revive (Two Little Fishies), I think both works fine... I just dip all new corals for about 10 minutes, and pop it in to the tank, simple as that.
 
@jda What dosage do you use? I followed a few studies on Bayers ability to effectively kill AEFW and the dosage was around 30ml/cup of tank water.

I use Bayer + Coral RX. Coral RX doesn't contain Iodine which is nice for acros.
 
Does Bayer kill red bugs and AEFWs?

Thanks
 
I am paranoid about pests. I remove all frag plugs, treat in coral RX. Inspect for any fall off. Use turkey Baster to clean the body...and then put it in frag tank with good flow and low light for couple of days.

Sam
 
Bayer will kill flatworms, nudis, spider and bugs. I have not found anything that it will not. I don't really measure it... I just pour it in until it gets pretty milky. I do use enough that I warm it up first so that temp does not drop.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new