OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gobies can disappear when getting adjusted to a new environment although burying his head into a hole in the rock does seem bizarre for one. I may ruffle some feathers here, but one of the reasons I don't order online is because I don't have the chance to observe the fish I am going to buy before purchase. I generally don't buy a fish unless it's spent a couple of weeks at my LFS and I have a chance to observe it's level of activity, feeding habits, visible signs of disease, etc. The result of adopting this method has been a massive decrease in loss of fish and fish that are living years and not weeks or months.

Thx. No choice but to order online at this point, but u make valid points. The goby has been acting really weird: swimming up and down the glass, and occasionally getting sucked against the overflow. I thought he was stuck there, but observed him being able to break away from it and going back to do it again. I've seen him a few times tonight and he seems to be looking better.

I am going to get another blue spot puffer from Aqua Locker, if only, because I have a credit for another one. I am going to have this one quarantined for 30-45 days at Aqua Locker before they send it to me. If that doesn't work out, I'm not going to worry any fish for a couple of months and concentrate on corals. Be well.

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqua locker is going to cover the fish with their warranty. They made it easy with no hassles.

So, i'm going to give it one more try. If there's a problem, I'm going to hold off on anymore fish for a few months and concentrate on corals; which is my main objective, but I really want one of these fish.
See if you can find someone locally who is getting rid of theirs. As long as it’s healthy. You’ll have a lot better success without shipping and one that has been established in a tank.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back