Evolution: at the end of the world

edosan

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
527
Reaction score
377
Location
Chile
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Guys!

Here is my tank



(more pics at the end of this page):
IMG_0639_1.jpg

And this is my story:

I use to be an aquarist when I was a Kid, I left the hobby when I was about 16. I live in Chile Now and I am 40.
One day (2009-2010), my little brother show me his guppy tank. :( that was the end of my rest in aquariums. So I start again with wild discus a 100 gal tank.



Then after a while (1 year) I decide to grow larger, and went for a 200 gal tank (aprox) - 2011




About a year ago, and after some travels out of the country (that make me stop a bit with discus since I could not give them the atention they need) and after breeding hundreds of Discus among other fishes (ramz, apistos) and fresh water shrimps (CRS & CBS shrimps),




And been study marine and reef aquariua for several years, I decide a new change. Reef. March 2015
I start with 2 small aquariums (50 & 80 gal).




And then, transform the 200gal discus tank into a reef tank, start in May 2015









and now August 2015...Just finish, and here you go...just 1 week after a long cycle period.


Hope you like it! :)
 
Last edited:
Very very nice. I really like your rock work....those "islands" of rock look fantastic. Great job. Thanks for sharing.
 
Very very nice. I really like your rock work....those "islands" of rock look fantastic. Great job. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks red!! funny...one friend when I was without anything but water and rock told me the opposite, but after I finish I change his mind! ;)
 
Thanks for your kind words!

I decided to post here, since I belive this forum is the best right now, and all the knowledge here is INCREDIBLE!
I am in debt with all the members here...at least I can share my learning with pictures...and of course be a supporter ;)
 
Last edited:
This weekend I will try to take decent shots, but only have my Iphone and with leds is a pain.
Any tips?
 
Here it is, shots i just made, still a pain with leds, but trying to improve











 
Looking good! You'll have a hard time going back to freshwater now! LOL Your segmented sump is pretty neat BTW.
 
Looking good! You'll have a hard time going back to freshwater now! LOL Your segmented sump is pretty neat BTW.

Thanks Taylor!
I like the sump too ;) this setup allow me to be sure that all the flow will go in the direction I want... :D
 
Beautiful reef! Thanks for sharing it with us!
 
Looks great!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new