[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Though you'd like that. :)

Nice man, you didn't get me one?
Your "check in the mail" never made it to me. :p

She ate right away on Saturday, then took a nap until Monday morning. She wasn't out when I got home last night, but was up again this morning. She has eaten well the the last two mornings. Day 4... :high5:

Last edited:
OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20140404_084505_051_zpsc1dlpoeg.jpg

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my word. Absolutely the most beautiful wrasse of all (and you have many beautiful ones). I am officially envious. Hope she continues to do well.

You have a wrasse lovers dream tank (with awfully nice coral as well)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful wrasse! What kind is it?

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my word. Absolutely the most beautiful wrasse of all (and you have many beautiful ones). I am officially envious. Hope she continues to do well.

You have a wrasse lovers dream tank (with awfully nice coral as well)
Thank you very much for all the kind words. :)
So far, so good. And I hope the same!

Beautiful wrasse! What kind is it?
Anampses femininus.

Holy moly that wrasse is a knockout! Is that a femininus ?
Thanks Ben, and indeed.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to derail from the beautful femininus but, I noticed in your build that you are using two MP10's as well as two MP40's. I have a 72x24x21 tank and currently have an MP 40 on each end. I was wanting to add two MP 10's on the back walls to provide better circulation.

My questions:

1. My glass is 5/8" which is thicker than the recommended for an MP 10. Is yours also? Any problems with using them or tips?

2. I was going to put them on the back walls with the one nearest the master on anti-synch and the one farthest away on synch. Reasonable plan?

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that fish is absolutely gorgeous!!! Very nice!!!
Thank you.

Not to derail from the beautful femininus but, I noticed in your build that you are using two MP10's as well as two MP40's. I have a 72x24x21 tank and currently have an MP 40 on each end. I was wanting to add two MP 10's on the back walls to provide better circulation.

My questions:

1. My glass is 5/8" which is thicker than the recommended for an MP 10. Is yours also? Any problems with using them or tips?

2. I was going to put them on the back walls with the one nearest the master on anti-synch and the one farthest away on synch. Reasonable plan?
Yes; my glass is 1/2". You are correct in that the 10's are only rated for 3/8" glass.
At a 1/2", the work fine for me, but their hold is definitely a bit on the weak side. While it hasn't at all been an issue for me, I think 5/8" might be pushing it a bit too far.
I tried both ways for a bit in terms of the sync; I ended up doing the one nearest the master on sync.

Looking good! Awesome collection of wrasses.
Thanks!

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She's doing really well. Started round 1 of Prazi on Sunday and she's been unaffected by it. Eating like a champ (was eating mysis right away) and getting a nice fat belly.

The only issue I'm having with her is her night/day cycle. She gets up pretty early in the morning (nearly in the dark sometimes) ~6:30AM and is in bed by 5PM. My tank lights (right next to the QT) are on from 12:30PM-10:30PM, so hopefully she'll start shifting that cycle soon. Not a huge deal for the time being however.

Here's this morning:
IMG_20140408_083502_176_zpsnlk5pvtf.jpg

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My kuiteri was on about the same schedule when I first got her. It took a while before she would stay up past 5

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back