Excited about new GSP!

laezur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this lovely GSP acclimated and entered into the tank. A lot of you will disagree but I adore this stuff, it’s beautiful.

How long do we reckon until it settled and starts opening fully? Super excited to see it in full bloom.
1E459D1C-077F-416B-A4DC-CDAAFE22B514.jpeg

OP
OP
laezur

laezur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do miss my GSP island. Looks like it's already peaking out a little. I bet within a day or so, it'll be fully extended.
I feel as long as you can keep it’s growth in check it’s perfect. It’s on a little island off to the right of my tank, where things were looking a bit bare

mattdg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
GSP can look amazing, like an island of grass swaying in the breeze. I've actually had it take hold on my main reef structure. In all of my experiences, the encrusting coral win out over the GSP. At the moment, I have some season's greetings montipora booting my GSP out of my tank, right over the corner overflow. Either way, an island of the stuff is brilliant, in any tank. Have fun with it.

OP
OP
laezur

laezur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We don’t reckon this is too much flow do we? Specifically on the bottom right corner. Don’t want to blow it off the rock haha

Solga

2 lost souls swimming in a fish bowl ...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks good to me. It's hard for me to get a video with blues on, but my GSP has more flow than that and it's doing well...

OP
OP
laezur

laezur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I r
That looks good to me. It's hard for me to get a video with blues on, but my GSP has more flow than that and it's doing well...
I read in a thread a while ago that more flow will just cause it to grow faster, and some people seemed to agree with those reports. How true they are, I have no idea. I’m fine with it growing quickly for now anyway. I want a large colony

Solga

2 lost souls swimming in a fish bowl ...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I r

I read in a thread a while ago that more flow will just cause it to grow faster, and some people seemed to agree with those reports. How true they are, I have no idea. I’m fine with it growing quickly for now anyway. I want a large colony
I got this GSP about 1 month ago. It was a piece that had been shaved off of glass. So far, the mat has gotten thicker, and the polyps have definitely gotten longer, but it hasn't spread outward any ... Yet.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back