Excited Newbie!

eliza209

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After having freshwater tanks most of my 58 years, I'm finally starting my first saltwater tank! My son, a realtor, was given a used Biocube 29 from a client who needed it out of their house and he passed it on to me. It had been in great working condition, according to them.

After watching LOTS of videos and reading, I have the tank cleaned out and almost ready to go. However, as I filled it up with freshwater for one last rinse, I saw water flowing from chamber 1 into chamber 2 towards the bottom of the back wall. I know water is supposed to flow over and through the filter material. The pump is working great, and chamber 3 stayed just above the max line. Is this normal flow between 1 and 2 normal, or do I have a leak to fix?

Buckster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

I have never owned a biocube but I found this flow diagram online!

Hope it helps and good luck with your new tank!!

1615758553542.png
Welcome to R2R! This picture that Conlin sent is correct and concise.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
eliza209

eliza209

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

I have never owned a biocube but I found this flow diagram online!

Hope it helps and good luck with your new tank!!

1615758553542.png
Yes. My problem is that water is coming through at the bottom of chamber 1. I'm pretty confident now that this is an area needing some sealant. This is taken from the top of the tank looking down towards the bottom of the piece between chambers 1 and 2. Fixing that today!

Attachments

• IMG_5425.jpg
    IMG_5425.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 13
Upvote 0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After having freshwater tanks most of my 58 years, I'm finally starting my first saltwater tank! My son, a realtor, was given a used Biocube 29 from a client who needed it out of their house and he passed it on to me. It had been in great working condition, according to them.

After watching LOTS of videos and reading, I have the tank cleaned out and almost ready to go. However, as I filled it up with freshwater for one last rinse, I saw water flowing from chamber 1 into chamber 2 towards the bottom of the back wall. I know water is supposed to flow over and through the filter material. The pump is working great, and chamber 3 stayed just above the max line. Is this normal flow between 1 and 2 normal, or do I have a leak to fix?

Welcome!

Glad there are those familiar with Biocubes able to answer.

One thing I regret is not having begun my build thread sooner as I lost pictures and info, so be sure to capture as much as you can now so you have it in the future.

Upvote 0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

Upvote 0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back