Exciting Barbouri Babies

SaltBabies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought some Barbouri's in December but the male came with a deep infection on both sides and I wasn't sure he would make it. I have had him and the female in a hospital tank since December and up until mid May he was slowly getting better then he seemed to get worse again and I couldn't figure out why. Well this week he released babies. I figure he got worse because of the strain on his system being pregnant. I had put him in a shallow tank hoping to prevent pregnancy but like most boys given enough time he figured out how to have sex in less than optimal conditions.

I'm excited to have some babies and hope to keep them alive. I'm currently out of town and hubby is working to keep them alive but he's doing a good job.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought some Barbouri's in December but the male came with a deep infection on both sides and I wasn't sure he would make it. I have had him and the female in a hospital tank since December and up until mid May he was slowly getting better then he seemed to get worse again and I couldn't figure out why. Well this week he released babies. I figure he got worse because of the strain on his system being pregnant. I had put him in a shallow tank hoping to prevent pregnancy but like most boys given enough time he figured out how to have sex in less than optimal conditions.

I'm excited to have some babies and hope to keep them alive. I'm currently out of town and hubby is working to keep them alive but he's doing a good job.

Congratulations! Clearly you did some things right - great work!

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive already killed a few batches of babies ... I got 2 more going now ... gut load.... gut load ....gut load
Probably not qualified to give too much advise but I can tell you what I did wrong...
Keep us posted...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back