EXOTIC MARINE OVERFLOW BOX?

Kustom71

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if exotic marine is still in business? I emailed him the other day with no response yet im looking to get one of his overflow setup for my 75 gallon setup.

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I could not find one in stock anywhere. So I'm going to end up going with Reef Synergy or Tideline directly from Planet Aquariums when I order my rank.

TaylorPilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the late response guys. I am out of town on business for my job. I turned the website off because I won't be home till the 28th. I have had about 12 people email me about an overflow this week, so I am going to go ahead and turn the website back on tomorrow for overflows. But know that I won't be home for 10 days, and it will be another week or so before orders can start going out. I will obviously make them in the order they are purchased, so the sooner you get the orders in the sooner you will get yours.

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry for the late response guys. I am out of town on business for my job. I turned the website off because I won't be home till the 28th. I have had about 12 people email me about an overflow this week, so I am going to go ahead and turn the website back on tomorrow for overflows. But know that I won't be home for 10 days, and it will be another week or so before orders can start going out. I will obviously make them in the order they are purchased, so the sooner you get the orders in the sooner you will get yours.

Will EM overflow fit hole pattern/size drilled for a Synergy Reef Shadow?

TaylorPilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our 20" and 32" with 1" drains (not the 32" with 1.5" drains) are a direct drop in replacement for the synergy 16" injection molded overflow. If you have one of their larger ones, we would need to coordinate to have a custom one made.

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Our 20" and 32" with 1" drains (not the 32" with 1.5" drains) are a direct drop in replacement for the synergy 16" injection molded overflow. If you have one of their larger ones, we would need to coordinate to have a custom one made.
That's fantastic! How does the in-tank water level compare with Synergy's weird drop off on the rear box?

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Awesome! Order placed!

Any word on 40B sump kits?

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could not find one in stock anywhere. So I'm going to end up going with Reef Synergy or Tideline directly from Planet Aquariums when I order my rank.
I would stay away from the Tideline. That's what I had on my PA tank for the first year. Bad design and was extremely hard to keep quiet. I switched it out for an Exotic. They're dead silent and very well build.

TaylorPilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's fantastic! How does the in-tank water level compare with Synergy's weird drop off on the rear box?

It depends on the amount of flow. Our systems have a minimum water height of 1" below the top of the box. So where ever the top of the current box you have is in relation to the tank, the water level will be 1" below that when the return pump is turned off. When it turns on, the water will rise a little, but not near as much as a system with teeth.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Run away fast! Both of those are terrible designs, and I had ecoxtic build me a custom one and am MUCH happier with it

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Run away fast! Both of those are terrible designs, and I had ecoxtic build me a custom one and am MUCH happier with it

Yeah that's what I've found out. My exotic marine should be here today. If only I had my SCA tank to put it on.... Lol.

Oh well, a month isn't that long to way.

OP
OP
K

Kustom71

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that's what I've found out. My exotic marine should be here today. If only I had my SCA tank to put it on.... Lol.

Oh well, a month isn't that long to way.
I also placed an order and should be arriving today!
Cant wait to drill my tank

Pedal Dangit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His overflows are awesome so I hope so.

X100 ! great product I love mine

39467949_238849303485363_2364002840701042688_n.jpg

Back