Expensive Hobbies - What Are Yours?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen a lot of people complaining about the costs of reefing. To me, reefing is a low-moderate cost hobby (if you don't kill stuff), so I wanted to see what other hobbies that people have that cost more. All hobbies cost money, so what else do you do that is more expensive than reefing?

For me, I have:
Classic Cars - 1950 Ford Truck and 1972 Olds Convertible
Vinyl Records - Wow!
First Edition Books - super expensive
Teenagers (joking)

I am also looking at getting an Airplane. Travel is going to get huge one all of the kids are off of the payroll.

Just curious... I have no idea how much it costs to be a gamer and play fortnite or other stuff all the time, or really anything else. I have heard that boating, mini-monster trucks, drinking, campers/motor homes, ATVs are very expensive since I have friends who complain about the costs.

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen a lot of people complaining about the costs of reefing. To me, reefing is a low-moderate cost hobby (if you don't kill stuff), so I wanted to see what other hobbies that people have that cost more. All hobbies cost money, so what else do you do that is more expensive than reefing?

For me, I have:
Classic Cars - 1950 Ford Truck and 1972 Olds Convertible
Vinyl Records - Wow!
First Edition Books - super expensive
Teenagers (joking)

I am also looking at getting an Airplane. Travel is going to get huge one all of the kids are off of the payroll.

Just curious... I have no idea how much it costs to be a gamer and play fortnite or other stuff all the time, or really anything else. I have heard that boating, mini-monster trucks, drinking, campers/motor homes, ATVs are very expensive since I have friends who complain about the costs.

i have a really good hifi system

clear audio record player
Sim audio dac, amp and CD transport
Nordstrom/shunyata cable
kef ls50 speakers

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m a gamer and it costs a lot of money for a gaming laptop/pc, games, headphones, chair, desk, keyboard, etc. But I’m sure there are more expensive hobbies out there than gaming

BeMoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mt. biking. Maintenance, replace/breaking things, traveling, and upgrades. Was racing at one point, traveling food and lodge was getting to expensive.

It's way to easy to get caught up in things when you get into anything now a days!

Shut up and take my money kinda things.

trvsty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
every hobby of mine is expensive...
i got into pc building for a while and spent a grand or two on all that
obviously the reefs, i don't even want to know how much i spend
photography, cameras are reasonable but lenses are crazy expensive
vinyls, not that expensive but it piles up

OP
OP
jda

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
McIntosh MT5, McIntosh MAC6700, Focal Utopias here in my office. MT10, Grande Utopias in the Family Room. I forgot about those.

I used to work at Google in Boulder, CO rand some of those people had bikes that cost more than their brand new Prius. Good call.

BeMoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep hearing Boulder is amazing, wish to travel that way sometime. Only been out west once and loved it. I'm From Michigan. Biking is way different out that way with massive elevation.

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've made this hobby UBER expensive...but traveling is my other. But , with all my biz expenses going on my travel CC, it's not so bad with flights anymore

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My camaro has about $10k+ worth of mods.
I’m a huge golfer and gear Junkie I am always buying new clubs and shafts I probably got $1,500 in shafts sitting in my room. Even though I’m in the ncaa and get free bags,clothes, free acess to one golf club and unlimited range balls but that course is always packed and they won’t give members early tee times it’s always saved for the resorts guests and that’s a joke. Can’t tell you how many locals have left from playing 5 days a week to maybe 1 day a week there. So I just joined a private country club.

OP
OP
jda

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My expensive hobby is flying my own airplane. There’s nothing quite like it. Here’s my bird.

Piper Navajo Chieftain Panther is on my list in the next few years. Gotta get a few more kids out of college and this might even save me money since at least the plane will hold it's value if well maintained. :)

I keep hearing Boulder is amazing, wish to travel that way sometime. Only been out west once and loved it. I'm From Michigan. Biking is way different out that way with massive elevation.

The amazing thing is that you can start in Boulder at 5,000 feet for a few miles and then be at 8,000-10,000 feet in just an hour of pedaling. If you come, see if you can pedal over Rocky Mountain National Park to the other side of the continental divide - 12,000 feet above the tundra and it is no joke, but a once in a lifetime experience to those who make it.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back