Expensive Hobbies - What Are Yours?

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
McIntosh MT5, McIntosh MAC6700, Focal Utopias here in my office. MT10, Grande Utopias in the Family Room. I forgot about those.

I used to work at Google in Boulder, CO rand some of those people had bikes that cost more than their brand new Prius. Good call.

focal utopias are nice.

Albertan22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Piper Navajo Chieftain Panther is on my list in the next few years. Gotta get a few more kids out of college and this might even save me money since at least the plane will hold it's value if well maintained. :)

One thing I can guarantee is that you won’t save money. The cost of the aircraft itself is the cheap part, the expensive part is the maintenance. A twin retractable gear aircraft will be a pretty penny to keep airworthy, not to mention hangar fees, fuel, etc. My little Cessna is only a $40,000 aircraft but costs about $18,000/year to operate.

All that said, if you have the means, do it anyway! Flying your own plane is about the most fulfilling thing you can do. I love it and wouldn’t trade it for anything.

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cars is my first love. I am still trying to decide on what I want to do with my C7, I am a big turbo lover. My Jeep is a rolling money pit because I seem to have a heavy foot and always break something.
Finally, shooting, which like reefing the accessories and maintenance cost are the where the real money goes, even with reloading.

jstncoffman

Nothing happens overnight in this hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
absolutely my dragbike is more expensive bar none, i drag race prostreet Hayabusa and it is easily more money involved

SeaJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefing is one of my least expensive hobbies. I’m into hotrods and classic resto-mods as well. And shooting. You think you can blow through money in a reef? An afternoon at the range adds up quick.

jstncoffman

Nothing happens overnight in this hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefing is one of my least expensive hobbies. I’m into hotrods and classic resto-mods as well. And shooting. You think you can blow through money in a reef? An afternoon at the range adds up quick.
I hear that, my 308 ammo isn't cheap lol

OP
OP
jda

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have my own land, runway and hanger/building. Might even rent some hanger space to others. The land is flat and open here and there are private and shared airstrips all over the place. Saw a citation land in a mowed field a few months ago (it was a runway). I know that it will be expensive and I have it carefully planned out. Around here, with so few larger airports once you leave Denver, you can get a pretty penny per hour to lease out an 8 passenger to fly into the ski towns, Montana, Dakotas, etc. - doubt that I will do this, but always an option if I needed to. I used to want to get a diesel RV to travel with and buy a WWII Sherman or T54, but I have moved on to this. I am a huge fan of WWII weapons and have a bunch, but figured that a tank was just too over the top.

My wife's favorite car is Grand Wagoneer - that this is as expensive as anything to keep going. Sometimes, you have to build your own parts and/or modify others anymore. I hate it so much... but she loves it so much. I cannot believe how much they are worth anymore.

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife's favorite car is Grand Wagoneer - that this is as expensive as anything to keep going. Sometimes, you have to build your own parts and/or modify others anymore. I hate it so much... but she loves it so much. I cannot believe how much they are worth anymore.

I had a waggy as a winter truck /beater for a few years!
Loved that thing! but my example was falling apart and needed lots of work to be practical to hold onto/keep on the road.

Awesome truck though, miss it.

20200530_222105.jpg

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
McIntosh MT5, McIntosh MAC6700, Focal Utopias here in my office. MT10, Grande Utopias in the Family Room. I forgot about those.

I used to work at Google in Boulder, CO rand some of those people had bikes that cost more than their brand new Prius. Good call.

I’m into high end headphones as well, 5th scale RC, my car is built for fun, firearms

4302B127-56FE-442B-9C40-7D964E006FA7.jpeg 9B9E6ACA-4BB6-4384-9018-3570579D892E.jpeg 67779A9C-02AB-44BF-AF56-DF19E54A3966.jpeg A66F6B2E-08E3-4B66-A729-F8FE8A0CDC0C.jpeg 9F371925-5D87-4E6E-B82D-9EAE5598144D.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 32 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back