Experience with Caribsea LifeRock Reef Tree?

ekandler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m considering redoing my scape with 2 of the Caribsea Reef Trees, does anyone have any experience with them? I’d love to see some scapes using them. Also, I’ve seen mixed reviews on the “purple coating” Caribsea uses on their LifeRock, what are your opinions on that?

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the purple coating is a gimmick. I have cycled tanks with Caribsea (my current tank) and plain dry rock. There was no differences as far as cycle timing was concerned.

Upvote 0

Lunas_dad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy at the store said that they were just drop in, no processing them in. so in his words basically I could take all my 30 pieces of rock and add a few trees. I guess my tank is cool, with caves an all, but its a wall, and mostly filled with mushrooms. so eventually Id like to get rid of them. I have 10 fish, and would be crushed if I lost them. so I guess the million dollar question is, can I rip out all at once? or pull and replace a few every week.

Upvote 0

Lunas_dad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy at the store said that they were just drop in, no processing them in. so in his words basically I could take all my 30 pieces of rock and add a few trees. I guess my tank is cool, with caves an all, but its a wall, and mostly filled with mushrooms. so eventually Id like to get rid of them. I have 10 fish, and would be crushed if I lost them. so I guess the million dollar question is, can I rip out all at once? or pull and replace a few every week.

Attachments

• BF3AB7FF-84ED-46DA-AA67-FD5AB11A714D.jpeg
    BF3AB7FF-84ED-46DA-AA67-FD5AB11A714D.jpeg
    222.9 KB · Views: 90
Upvote 0

Agape1love4ever

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added two reef trees to the end of my 130 gallon and then made up three of my own trees, one in the middle and then the smaller ones on each side of the middle piece.

Attachments

• IMG_1393.jpeg
    IMG_1393.jpeg
    126 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1300.jpeg
    IMG_1300.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 17
Upvote 0
Back