Experience with RUSALTY?

Rovert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have experience with this outfit? I made three attempts to contact them this week - via their website, an email and finally a voice message today asking for alternatives to their $69 overnight shipping, and theres been no reply. Seems totally disproportionate to spend that sort of money for a $170 order especially when they say this about their shipping [emphasis mine]:

You will notice a difference in the life of the Copepods when you receive your package…even with priority mail which can take up to 4 days in transit.
With our new packing method, test trials show Copepod viable survival rates at 7 days is 95% alive. Compared to old packing method at only 20% alive after 7 days in bag.

You will receive 95% or higher survival rates, healthier and livelier copepods and 50% more Copepods per order for the same price.

It's troubling that nobdy can be bothered answering a basic question. Are they legit?

OP
OP
Rovert

Rovert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve ordered a couple times never had an issue.
That's good to hear, I hate to think badly of a vendor. In this case it seems odd and made me wonder if they're even still in business. I worried that if I ordered whether my card would get charged but nothing gets received. It occurred to me that many of these outfits are small operations run by one or two people who are often too busy packing orders to answer emails or not savvy enough to appreciate how ignoring an inqury can be damaging to their reputation.

I guess I'll give it a shot next week and see what happens. I'll report back here depending on what happens.

meganf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's good to hear, I hate to think badly of a vendor. In this case it seems odd and made me wonder if they're even still in business. I worried that if I ordered whether my card would get charged but nothing gets received. It occurred to me that many of these outfits are small operations run by one or two people who are often too busy packing orders to answer emails or not savvy enough to appreciate how ignoring an inqury can be damaging to their reputation.

I guess I'll give it a shot next week and see what happens. I'll report back here depending on what happens.
Any update? I’m looking into purchasing from them as well

OP
OP
Rovert

Rovert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They never responded to my question about their shipping charges which were, to my way of thinking, crazy. For 2000 copepods and 100 Mysid shrimp, they charged $70 for UPS overnight plus $10 for 'handling' - a total of $80 in shipping charges - compared to about $15 for USPS Priority Mail from Aquarium Depot for pretty much the same product - 2000 pods, no mysid. The difference in price is probably because AD ships 'damp', which is to say, they pack their pods in filter pads, as opposed to 3 lbs of water.

In any event, their product is as advertised, even if they don't answer emails. However, with their absurd shipping costs, I doubt I'd order from them again.

shercash1963

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recieved order today empty bag water even under microscope had daughter check,put phyto in bag still no movement.sad day

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back