Experiences with the new stream functions for Profilux 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The latest Update of GCC. the web application 3.22.1 and FW for P4 will let you customize your stream configuration in many way. This is perfect if you have wave pumps (or other pumps) that allow an external 1-10 V signal. According to stream pumps - they are not too many. Tunze is on of the companies that allow an external 1-10 and there is others too but normally in the high price range. I have test the new programming tool with a Tunze Nanostream 6040 and it works very well

1671114597077.png

I use two Jebao RW8 (an old model) which have an optional WiFi controller (Aqualink S1) that have the possibilities to make schedules of different running pattern. The price tag, the possibilities to make a schedule and the rather compact formfactor (the pumps are inbuild in my background - you do not see them) was the most important reasons why I bought them. But its an old Jebao model, not their best construction and they seems going out of stock nearly everywhere. It has come better pumps from them - more modern and more reliable - but higher price and larger form factor. For the more modern Jebao streamers - there is an optional Aqualink A1 with 1-10 V input - but now we are in a higher price tag because the optional controller is up to around $ 80 for one pump. GHL has announced that they will sell their own stream pumps built on Sicce's construction of Sicce XStream. This pump will probably fit in well in my hided construction and the new programming of stream pumps in my P4 is what i´m looking for. Now to the important question - the price tag.

Its not only a pump you need - you need a controller too, Every controller manage 2 pumps (not only stream pumps - even the new circulation pumps works with this controller) In my case - I use 1-10 V controlled Coral Box cirkulation (return) pumps and only need 2 streamers, hence only need 1 controller. In this hobby - most new things normally comes with a high price tag. I can´t speak for the price in the US for these wave pumps and controller - but here in Europe - the price tag was a real surprise - even with ordinary prices - I can get two pumps and a controller (starter set) for les than € 280 and now during pre sale 15 % on that. Let us put it like this - I have already ordered my Christmas gift :)

The pumps will be delivered in January - will come back with my thoughts when I got them

Sincerely Lasse

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not used the update yet. I currently use the 0-10V to control two tunze 6095 pumps I have two 6040s i want to add to that.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a huge update - the P4 will be reset to original. Be sure to hav back up all setting and sensor settings. If you have virtual probes - be sure you know their parents. You need to make them again. I have on virtual temp and one virtual redox. They disappear but when I had done a new installation of them - all their settings show up again. With this update - it will come a possibility to calibrate probes from the app!

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not used the update yet. I currently use the 0-10V to control two tunze 6095 pumps I have two 6040s i want to add to that.
It will work very well. This update give you 6 different pump groups

Sincerely Lasse

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wonder if this will work on a red dragon pump that I’m using for my closed loop ? It has a cable for the P4 to control it, however I’ve never used it that way.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a huge update - the P4 will be reset to original. Be sure to hav back up all setting and sensor settings. If you have virtual probes - be sure you know their parents. You need to make them again. I have on virtual temp and one virtual redox. They disappear but when I had done a new installation of them - all their settings show up again. With this update - it will come a possibility to calibrate probes from the app!

Sincerely Lasse

Yes I know that the virtual probes are not considered a setting so they are not backed up. Have you tried to calibrate the probes with the app? That is the thing I was looking forward to since my controller is mounted in the closet behind the tank.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I know that the virtual probes are not considered a setting so they are not backed up. Have you tried to calibrate the probes with the app? That is the thing I was looking forward to since my controller is mounted in the closet behind the tank.
Not available yet. GCC only for now. Should be available very soon.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder if this will work on a red dragon pump that I’m using for my closed loop ? It has a cable for the P4 to control it, however I’ve never used it that way.

It will. You have to connect it to one of the L port and figure out which L port you have connected it to. you have two chose in each port. L1/L2, L3/L4 or L5/L6. After that you knit the chosen stream group to that L channel

1671139296122.png

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not available yet. GCC only for now. Should be available very soon.
Its that way but you can connect your P4 to GCC with help of TCP/IP and calibrate that way until its fixed in the app.

Haven't tested it though.

Sincerely Lasse

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pity I still run an old P3 - it just keeps doing what it was built to do :)

This is a feature I would use for sure. I have 4 Tunze pumps, all controlled using the 1-10v from the P3. I really want a feature to be able to "blast" the tank and run all pumps at 100% for say 5 mins, once a day. Stir everything up so the skimmer, rollermat, etc can get it.

Sadly (and understandably I guess) features are not being back ported to P3's any more - unless they support selling more hardware (such as the ability to display IOND results)

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly (and understandably I guess) features are not being back ported to P3's any more - unless they support selling more hardware (such as the ability to display IOND results)
This remark is gratuitous and false, since this update also makes it possible to use the new GHL Versia pumps. It's mainly that the IOND has been out for a while now and has been announced as compatible with the P3.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to P3 - I has one feature when you calibrate that I love and miss with P4. You have an virtual copy of your display in GCC. You can do all things you can do with your P3:s front display inside the GCC. Makes calibration more comfortable. For me - the need of a way to do the calibration through GCC (or app) is more urgent compared with the P3. For the P3 - its already exist a way to do it - at least with GCC.

Sincerely Lasse

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This remark is gratuitous and false, since this update also makes it possible to use the new GHL Versia pumps. It's mainly that the IOND has been out for a while now and has been announced as compatible with the P3.
Sorry if I offended - I was reading the release from GHL
1671243103782.png

Mentions P4 specifically when referring to new Pumps.
Mentions ION Director readings for P3 and P4

@Gaël - are you confirming all the features are available for both P3 and P4 equally in the latest update?

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if I offended - I was reading the release from GHL
1671243103782.png

Mentions P4 specifically when referring to new Pumps.
Mentions ION Director readings for P3 and P4

@Gaël - are you confirming all the features are available for both P3 and P4 equally in the latest update?
No, what I wanted to say is that money is not the only motivation for the updates as you insinuate since this update would make it possible to sell GHL Versia pumps to P3 customers since according to your reasoning, the display of the IOND values on P4 would have been done in order to sell IONDs... As said, P3 compatibility was announced as soon as the IOND was launched, which is not the case with the Versia pumps.

Sorry for the confusion.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess is one thing - know is another. I did a deep dive into my "old gear" box and catch up an old P3.0 ex. Did latest update and at least the features with the new pump groups iare there. Still only 16 dosers but there is another surprising thing according to the new pump features - P4 have 6 pump groups - P3 have 8!!

P4
1671271030398.png

P3 ex

Skärmklipp.JPG

I can´t answer if the full function with the Versia controller can be done with P3 but the controller is a PAB device so I suppose that it is back compatible

Sincerely Lasse

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess is one thing - know is another. I did a deep dive into my "old gear" box and catch up an old P3.0 ex. Did latest update and at least the features with the new pump groups iare there. Still only 16 dosers but there is another surprising thing according to the new pump features - P4 have 6 pump groups - P3 have 8!!

P4
1671271030398.png

P3 ex

Skärmklipp.JPG

I can´t answer if the full function with the Versia controller can be done with P3 but the controller is a PAB device so I suppose that it is back compatible

Sincerely Lasse
Hi Lasse, Yes the P3 has 8 pump groups, it was like that before, but the firmware has not been updated to add the new pump group functionality. Only the default operation of the group can be configured, as before.
No flow control or scheduling for example.
Also to support a new PAB device it must be known to the Firmware.
Here, the P3 only benefits from the new GCC layout.
The only changes made to the P3 firmware concern the display of the IOND values on the P3 and Touch screens.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Lasse, Yes the P3 has 8 pump groups, it was like that before, but the firmware has not been updated to add the new pump group functionality. Only the default operation of the group can be configured, as before.
No flow control or scheduling for example.
Also to support a new PAB device it must be known to the Firmware.
Here, the P3 only benefits from the new GCC layout.
The only changes made to the P3 firmware concern the display of the IOND values on the P3 and Touch screens.
Thank you for the clarifying - I do not remember P3 to have 8 pump groups before.

@Macca_75 - maybe time to ask Mr Claus for a new gift in the upcoming holiday? For long time after the P4 introduction - I run P3 because I love its stability - but today I feel that the P4 is a much better tool to use.

Sincerely Lasse

meermann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The latest Update of GCC. the web application 3.22.1 and FW for P4 will let you customize your stream configuration in many way. This is perfect if you have wave pumps (or other pumps) that allow an external 1-10 V signal. According to stream pumps - they are not too many. Tunze is on of the companies that allow an external 1-10 and there is others too but normally in the high price range. I have test the new programming tool with a Tunze Nanostream 6040 and it works very well
Hi Lasse, how the random mode works with Tunze? Is the flow pattern really similar to Reef Crest mode on Vortech pumps? Is it possible to set maximal and minimal flow in random mode (like AI Nero can do)?
I haven't updated my P4 yet, so just curious if it worth that.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.6%
Back