exploding tank = my first salt tank

Maverickbr77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the forum and sw tanks. I was getting things together to down size my 75 planted into a 50 and redo the 75 as a salt or cichlid tank. My cousin had a big bow front explode and offered me the survivors so salt it is. Tank is cycling and the survivors are in a qt tank 2 blue damsels, 2 clowns, a flame angel, and a blenny. Planning to start out fowlr and maybe add some easy corals later on. I need to figure out a skimmer yet and what my final stocking will look like if any one has some recommendations.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Take a look at the reef octopus skimmers, always my favorite:)
AW555308_00.gif

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another welcome to R2R!

So did this freshwater setup come with a sump? Ur talking skimmers so I assume so but had to ask. As to skimmers, that is an easy one for your size:

I ran it on a heavily stocked 65g and now have it on a 260G frag system that is lightly stocked. Dial it once; empty the cup weekly; disassemble and clean every 6 months. In 5 years the thing went nuts one time. (So yeah, that must have been me.)

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! I am a big Reef Octopus fan - their skimmers have worked well for me for many years!

#reefoctopus

OP
OP
M

Maverickbr77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another welcome to R2R!

So did this freshwater setup come with a sump? Ur talking skimmers so I assume so but had to ask. As to skimmers, that is an easy one for your size:

I ran it on a heavily stocked 65g and now have it on a 260G frag system that is lightly stocked. Dial it once; empty the cup weekly; disassemble and clean every 6 months. In 5 years the thing went nuts one time. (So yeah, that must have been me.)
Ya I have a 20 gallon sump on the 75 was running it on the fw setup might have to build a new one for equipment to fit right but not a big deal.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back