Explorers...

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning I woke up to my kids screaming a crab was out of the tank. My tank is fully covered so I thought not possible. But I came downstairs and found this guy 15 meters from the tank! Total mystery how he got out..... We have named him Magellan now (but maybe Andy Dufresne would be more appropriate)
In any case, it got me thinking, what other funny Explorer stories people have!

PXL_20201128_181412024.MP.jpg

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I've often wondered if some our the crabs and hermits we keep are completely aquatic or if they like to spend time on land as well.

Unfortuntely all of my "explorers" have met an untimely fate. I don't think you'd want to see their pictures...

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to keep freshwater crayfish in my teen years. One wound up in the bathroom in my wet swim trunks from camp and another time my large crayfish was about halfway down the hall from my bedroom, my mom was screaming that the crayfish got out. That was the last time I kept crayfish.

OP
OP
boacvh

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to keep freshwater crayfish in my teen years. One wound up in the bathroom in my wet swim trunks from camp and another time my large crayfish was about halfway down the hall from my bedroom, my mom was screaming that the crayfish got out. That was the last time I kept crayfish.
Haha. I assume your mom was shouting with the same high pitch my wife was this morning :p

OP
OP
boacvh

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a clown make it upstairs from the basement, but it might have had help from the cat. Needless to say it was a one way trip.
Did the cat fish him out? Or he jumped and the cat took him on an exploring trip?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 156 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back