Exposed cable

Matt Bravo

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2022
Messages
774
Reaction score
377
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I was cleaning my orbit today and noticed what I believe to be an exposed cable. Do you guys think I’d be able to use some putty over the exposed section to cover the wire?

image.jpg
 
If it's in water I wouldn't risk it.
Outside water, I'd use electrical tape etc.
Not worth your life if it's in.
 
It’s not in water. I’m considering putty cover up and move it so it’s further from the water
 
Electrical tape. Start wrapping in the center, then wrap it to one side. Then wrap all the way to the other side, then back to the center. After all wrapping is completed. Get liquid electric tape and paint it over the tape and a little on the cord near the tape. It’s a solid fix.
 
I appreciate all your help guys, I kept it out of the tank overnight for obvious reasons and bought some electrical tape. Thanks again for all your help everyone.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new