Exquisite wrasse and harlequin tusk

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a juvenile harlequin tusk in QT right now. He's about 2." I have my eye on an adolescent Fiji Exquisite wrasse about 3." I was going to add the wrasse now and add the tusk in a little while after he grows a bit. Any problems with this? I read that the exquisite wrasse is pretty peaceful.

I know that you cannot add a wrasse to a tank with an established Harlequin Tusk. I learned that myself. Any problems adding a juvenile tusk into a tank with a wrasse?

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you add all your fairy wrasses before adding the juvenile tusk I think you'll be okay. Some tusks ignore their wrasse tank mates as they grow and mature, some tusks don't. Tank size will have a lot to do with it.

OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you add all your fairy wrasses before adding the juvenile tusk I think you'll be okay. Some tusks ignore their wrasse tank mates as they grow and mature, some tusks don't. Tank size will have a lot to do with it.
220G so lots of room.

My last tusk who never paid any attention to any new edition went homicidal when I added a 6 line.

So you don't think that the wrasse will bother the tusk?

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
220G so lots of room.

My last tusk who never paid any attention to any new edition went homicidal when I added a 6 line.

So you don't think that the wrasse will bother the tusk?
Can you blame the tusk for not liking a six line? Lol

The exquisite may chase it some and try to display dominance over it, if it does it'll be short lived.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 67 32.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back