Extremely swollen belly.

  • Thread starter Thread starter kevgib67
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2022
Messages
42,305
Reaction score
261,574
Location
Canfield, Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday my royal gramma was having difficulty swimming and had a very distended abdomen. He wouldn’t eat. This morning he didn’t come out to eat but I didn’t see a pile of cuc acting like they were at a Las Vegas buffet. When I came home from work he was out and about swimming a little better and ate some brine shrimp soaked in Vitachem, Selcon and garlic Xtreme but it’s abdomen looks as though it will explode. Any help would be appreciated.if it matters he has been in my tank almost 3and 1/2 years.
85462BB3-3908-41C5-BCB9-9C1E02D5030A.jpeg
46150521-41FE-4792-8FDF-959BBA1B9CD7.jpeg
 
Wow, sorry to see this, poor guy!

Maybe an impaction or constipation??

Good luck to you and your fish!
 
Wow, sorry to see this, poor guy!

Maybe an impaction or constipation??

Good luck to you and your fish!
Thank you, I’m thinking dropsy but I don’t think anything can be done. Two things I know nothing about, equipment and fish diseases.
 
Yesterday my royal gramma was having difficulty swimming and had a very distended abdomen. He wouldn’t eat. This morning he didn’t come out to eat but I didn’t see a pile of cuc acting like they were at a Las Vegas buffet. When I came home from work he was out and about swimming a little better and ate some brine shrimp soaked in Vitachem, Selcon and garlic Xtreme but it’s abdomen looks as though it will explode. Any help would be appreciated.if it matters he has been in my tank almost 3and 1/2 years.
85462BB3-3908-41C5-BCB9-9C1E02D5030A.jpeg
46150521-41FE-4792-8FDF-959BBA1B9CD7.jpeg
I don’t think constipation. Is fish eating?
Feces- normal or stringy?
 
I don’t think constipation. Is fish eating?
Feces- normal or stringy?
Haven’t seen any feces. Didn’t show up for the morning feeding but when I got home from work was out and about, swimming a little better and ate brine shrimp soaked in Selcon, Vitachem and Garlic Xtreme.
 
Haven’t seen any feces. Didn’t show up for the morning feeding but when I got home from work was out and about, swimming a little better and ate brine shrimp soaked in Selcon, Vitachem and Garlic Xtreme.
Perfect- feed brine shrimp which acts as a laxative
 
Yesterday my royal gramma was having difficulty swimming and had a very distended abdomen. He wouldn’t eat. This morning he didn’t come out to eat but I didn’t see a pile of cuc acting like they were at a Las Vegas buffet. When I came home from work he was out and about swimming a little better and ate some brine shrimp soaked in Vitachem, Selcon and garlic Xtreme but it’s abdomen looks as though it will explode. Any help would be appreciated.if it matters he has been in my tank almost 3and 1/2 years.
85462BB3-3908-41C5-BCB9-9C1E02D5030A.jpeg
46150521-41FE-4792-8FDF-959BBA1B9CD7.jpeg

Here is a short article I recently wrote about abdominal swelling in fishes:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/causes-of-abdominal-swelling-in-fishes.1098720/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new