Fairly new kessil 360we stopped working

  • Thread starter Thread starter John08007
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

John08007

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
948
Reaction score
635
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would consider thus newer, I believe this Black Friday it will be 2 yrs old. Injust came home from vacation to find my tank dark. Checked ny apex and it was supposed to be on, unplugged the control wire and nothing happened. When I tiled the light a little bit of water came out of the side vents. I have this mounted in my hood about 8-9" above the waterline- there is no was what so ever that water splashed into it, I'm thinking maybe some sorta condensation? I unplugged the powerboat which seemed cold to the touch. Not sure where to begin, what kinda power is supposed to be leaving the power block to the light? Should I disassemble the light to blow it out or is using compressed air through the vents enough? I love this light, can't believe I'm having trouble with it.
 
Not too long ago I had a 360X fail on me after two years of use. I contacted Kessil about sending it to them for repairs. I had purchased three of them and provided Kessil with my receipt. I sent it back to them, and much to my surprise they replaced the unit with a new one at no charge!

If you're the original owner and can prove it, contact them about a repair!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new