Fairy & Flasher wrasses life span?!?

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been keeping fairy and flasher wrasses since 2004/2005 but I've never kept them more than 2 years. I've either have to move or a change of heart, therefore letting them go. only after able to have the 110g that I'm able to keep them for a longer period of time. currently, my oldest wrasses are the HI Flames who started out as 2 females back in Oct 2009. they are both males now and have a mutual understanding of each other's space. :)

my question is what's the longest period of time you've kept your fairy or flasher wrasse?

how big was it when you get it?

how big of a tank are they in now?

if you got your wrasse as a female/sub male, how long did it take for it to turn Terminal male?

I guess I'm just interested in discussing these guys further. we've all seen the awesome pics. now we need to study them more so we can keep them for a long time in our tanks. looking forward to having a good discussion. :)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess me, myself, and I will keep track of the life span and progressions. :hammer:

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had most of mine for over 3 years now. I have lost a few, they just disappear, and lost quite a few before I had my good screen mesh cover.
Ever since I went with the 1/4 inch mesh, I haven't lost one. I would say that is the biggest killer of wrasses, Carpet surfing.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Brad. anyone else have had their F&F wrasses around 5 years?

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had one I bought as a Katherine's off of DD (he turned out not to be a Katherine's). Lived about 5 years then during a tank upgrade he ended up in a tub with a CBB that perished overnight and took out the other fish in that tub. Probably close to 6" when he perished.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had one I bought as a Katherine's off of DD (he turned out not to be a Katherine's). Lived about 5 years then during a tank upgrade he ended up in a tub with a CBB that perished overnight and took out the other fish in that tub. Probably close to 6" when he perished.
wow. sorry to hear about the mishap. I'm glad that you were able to keep him for a long time. for me 5 years and over is a pretty good amount time on keeping the same fish. :)

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 159 62.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 26.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 89 34.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.2%

Back