Fairy Wrasse Mixing

  • Thread starter Thread starter jtmoney528
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jtmoney528

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 14, 2023
Messages
93
Reaction score
40
Location
Indiana
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 5 wrasse in my 110 gallon... 5x2x2 tank.

2 Ornate leopard wrasse
1 mystery wrasse
1 cleaner wrasse
1 richmond wrasse
1 African Esquisit Fairy wrasse

I have to rehome my coral beauty (wife's favorite fish) because it's eating LPS.

She wants another purple fish and the beau Fairy wrasse was brought up. How would it do with my other wrasses and especially the Esquisit wrasse?

Any other purple fish? She wants one that is active and swimming around.
 
I’ve kept 2 kinds of Fairies before without a problem, though I can’t tell if yours will get along as it’s not always true for wrasses.

Maybe try an Orchid Dottyback instead?
They are beautiful, can live in pairs, not aggressive at all, and once acclimated they come out and swim so they are visible.
I’m sure your wife will approve once she sees them :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new