Fallow period & adding corals?

Reef_at_Sea

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2024
Messages
592
Reaction score
285
Location
Netherlands
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I’m going into a fallow period after what seemed to be ich, wich will be a minimum of 60 days right?

But what if i add more corals? that resets the 60 days timer?

also can corals be kept on 82 degrees so i can do a 45 days fallow period? It would be soft corals & LPS.

My idea right now is making it a coral tank & adding QT fish after the full correct fallow period.
 
Not sure about the temp but I don't think adding coral is a good idea. You have no way of knowing if your introducing anything into the tank. I think a fallow period should not have anything added. JMO having gone through a fallow period but lets see what the experts say.
 
Not sure about the temp but I don't think adding coral is a good idea. You have no way of knowing if your introducing anything into the tank. I think a fallow period should not have anything added. JMO having gone through a fallow period but lets see what the experts say.
Note that i’m saying this: add more desired coral & then start the fallow period.

That should be correct?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new