Fancy Gumdrop Coral Croucher - Pairing

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReefWeeds
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ReefWeeds

Artist, Coral Hoarder and Proud Sponsor
View Badges
Joined
May 15, 2015
Messages
809
Reaction score
1,096
Location
Norwich, CT
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all - I bought a bonded pair of fancy gumdrop coral crouchers for my macro algae tank a few months ago. They were doing great until the (what I think was) female jumped :( I was so sad.

I am wondering if I can get another gumdrop to add to the tank or will the existing guy be upset by introducing another one. Anyone have any experience with adding more than one to a tank?
 
They're not real pairs from DD, if that's where you got them from and I've never heard of them fighting. They can't be right 100% of the time, so that makes me think they "get along". We had two that we bought at different times.
 
My understanding is that they are colonial, and it is likely due to their habits and size they will be pretty accepting of other coral crouchers.
 
They probably are not prone to fighting because they are pretty much always inside the coral head too.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 30.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new