Fang Blenny Questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mcdonalds
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mcdonalds

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2021
Messages
132
Reaction score
25
Location
SNJ
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) will a fork tail or black line blenny (or any with a similar look to a bicolor blenny) fight with my bicolor blenny because of their similar colors, or will any fang fight with my blenny?

2) my clowns can get aggressive. If the fang gets bitten will he bite back? I don’t want to get rid of another fish because of aggression. I have a 24g tank with every cave unoccupied.

Thanks for the help
 
1) will a fork tail or black line blenny (or any with a similar look to a bicolor blenny) fight with my bicolor blenny because of their similar colors, or will any fang fight with my blenny?

2) my clowns can get aggressive. If the fang gets bitten will he bite back? I don’t want to get rid of another fish because of aggression. I have a 24g tank with every cave unoccupied.

Thanks for the help
Fang blennies being venomous will only bite back if they have to, I find with all fish that are vanomous its a last resort idea. So say a meiacanthus was cornered, it would bite as the last resort. As said above, would you really want to add any other fish to the tank if it’s already in harmony? Also the clowns will get rather large, even just regular occelaris and percula will get 4 inch eventually so would you really want to add another fish that can get rather large and active.
Most escenius species are territorial so I would say the bicolor would try fight and potentially kill the meiacanthus it’s really 50/50 as I have seen bicolors mixed with other blennies but never seen them mixed with meiacanthus.
 
Last edited:
Are you sure you want to introduce a venomous fish into the mix? It sounds like you have a nice harmony going, so maybe a different species of fish would be better?
Well, I’ve read that the venom acts like heroine, like slows down the fish and isn’t lethal. Also I’ve heard good things about temperament. But I’m still not sure yet.
 
Well, I’ve read that the venom acts like heroine, like slows down the fish and isn’t lethal. Also I’ve heard good things about temperament. But I’m still not sure yet.
I'll just reiterate my original point, which was that if you have a good balance you should be looking to augment it with different fish in an attempt to preserve that.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new