FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can never get over this stuff when i see it. The colors are just unreal! ....What Store do you own if I may ask?

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can never get over this stuff when i see it. The colors are just unreal! ....What Store do you own if I may ask?
Thanks! That's the actinics only shots... Makes things crazy though I like to view my tank under 14k mostly. Its fun to play with it in occasion though.

I own the FarmerTy garage fish room. [emoji16] No store... I'm just a hobbyist with a real big addiction problem. [emoji53]
That rainbow blossom is a blast of colors!
That's all actinic shine there but honestly, it looks pretty crazy under 14k too.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks! That's the actinics only shots... Makes things crazy though I like to view my tank under 14k mostly. Its fun to play with it in occasion though.

I own the FarmerTy garage fish room. [emoji16] No store... I'm just a hobbyist with a real big addiction problem. [emoji53]That's all actinic shine there but honestly, it looks pretty crazy under 14k too.

Do you have a picture of it under your daylights? That does look insane in that picture.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a picture of it under your daylights? That does look insane in that picture.
Here's a picture I took last month Cody. 14k white light. [emoji4]

15e77b1c6d0ecec0bf3ee37ccaa1b6b8.jpg

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang that is really nice! I need to look to get a frag of this.
Still a winner!
I got it from Diesel before he shut down with acros. I honestly think it looks nothing like the RR picture... That one looks like a mille. But I know Diesel knows his acros so... I'm perplexed. [emoji53]

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those pics are just beyond awesome. I think I may have found my problem. I think I have pathogenic bacteria from the large coral lost at one time. Coral frags are being nipped by a fish or something allowing infection in which kills the coral from the tip down. I have Fritz turbo start in a reactor to add non-pathogenic bacteria to hopefully out compete the pathogenic bacteria. Fingers crossed. Cause I wanna grow up to be just like @FarmerTy when I grow up. LOL

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those pics are just beyond awesome. I think I may have found my problem. I think I have pathogenic bacteria from the large coral lost at one time. Coral frags are being nipped by a fish or something allowing infection in which kills the coral from the tip down. I have Fritz turbo start in a reactor to add non-pathogenic bacteria to hopefully out compete the pathogenic bacteria. Fingers crossed. Cause I wanna grow up to be just like @FarmerTy when I grow up. LOL
Keep fighting the good fight! I've had my share of acro issues over the year. You win out with a never-quit attitude and some dumb luck.... Okay, maybe that last part was mostly how I won out but... Either way, keep at it and thanks for tuning in!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pics! Corals look happy. I like your photos because they’re very natural (not too much blue, not washed out).
Thanks sawdonkey! I try to do what I can to capture their look as I see them in person. Makes me happy there are those out there that appreciate it. [emoji106][emoji106]

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 80 47.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back