OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love coming to your build to see what colonies of particular corals look like, not little nubs on plugs [emoji38]
Thanks a bunch! I got a bunch of nubs too... They're mostly featured in the frag tank! [emoji38]

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly! Oops, it looks like a tenuis... Not mille.

Here's Diesel's colony:

2d15d405c643957eed605a6bae32f3d9.jpg
ac2a17da03dde8764179c8ccd0b3544f.jpg
Weird, you and diesel def have the same coral but it's not the same species as the rru rainbow blossom. Maybe it's a rra rainbow blossom or maybe theyve had several, wouldnt be surprised.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird, you and diesel def have the same coral but it's not the same species as the rru rainbow blossom. Maybe it's a rra rainbow blossom or maybe theyve had several, wouldnt be surprised.
My thoughts as well. I kind of trust the name though because Diesel and Tony at RRUSA were buds... He even named an acro the RR Diesel so I would lean to him being correct on the name so I'm still baffled...

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rainbow blossom looks a lot like the picture on the RR USA web site, but not much like yours. Bought it from @stryker here on R2R, not sure where he got it.
We should compare ours in person sometime Ty ...
Do you have a pic of yours?

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rainbow blossom looks a lot like the picture on the RR USA web site, but not much like yours. Bought it from @stryker here on R2R, not sure where he got it.
I remember you had one and yours looked more like their posted picture. That would be nice to compare both in person! I haven't seen your setup in awhile. Be nice to come visit and catch up!

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What...could this be the first ever coral play date?????? :rolleyes:

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember you had one and yours looked more like their posted picture. That would be nice to compare both in person! I haven't seen your setup in awhile. Be nice to come visit and catch up!
Let me know when you come down...I'd like to see the @jolt tank if I can invite myself...of course that comes with an invitation to come see my setup down the street as well!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey an Austin tank crawl sounds fun. We got a couple down south and some up north. Let’s do it after the Super Bowl
sometime!
Let me know when you come down...I'd like to see the @jolt tank if I can invite myself...of course that comes with an invitation to come see my setup down the street as well!
What...could this be the first ever coral play date?????? :rolleyes:
Let's do it! We can start down south and end up north! Man, this is going to be awesome!

Coral tank crawl and coral playdates! [emoji16]

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't gotten a chance to take too many pics this year yet with the long honey-do list my wife put together for me... It always starts this way with a bunch of 2019 resolutions but she'll wear herself out and life will get back to normal soon.

I can at least update on the tank. I can't remember if I mentioned but got a huge dino outbreak after removing the sand from the frag tank. Its almost entirely gone now but it was interesting to see the acros look less happy when it was there. Still have some green cyano but I'm aiming to let it take care of itself as my system balances back out again.

I've ripped out my giant ORA Chips, giant Frag Farmers Red Robin Stag, large Nicks purple passion, and a few smaller pieces to make room for some new pieces that are ready to be added to the display. Right now it kind of looks like a construction zone.

I've finally moved my Baton Rouge down to a lower par and it already looks better. A deep blood red is coming in nicely on it. Better than when it was getting roasted by 450 par. Its at 200-250 now.

I've added an anemone frag tank and its up and running. Once it gets through the ugly phase, I'll share my work on it.

Nitrates jumped to 50ppm... Yup... That's not a typo... So I guess I'll be putting my biopellets back online. I started it back up a couple weeks ago.

Otherwise, everything is chugging along. Color is amazingly deep and growth is probably at its best I've seen in awhile.

Couldn't leave you guys without a picture so here. My confused clown in my Aussie gold torch. He has a perfectly good Colorado Sunburst anemone but liked to hang out here until the wife needs him. I guesd the gold torch is like his fish room.
clownandgoldtorch (1 of 1).jpg

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can at least update on the tank. I can't remember if I mentioned but got a huge dino outbreak after removing the sand from the frag tank. Its almost entirely gone now but it was interesting to see the acros look less happy when it was there. Still have some green cyano but I'm aiming to let it take care of itself as my system balances back out again.

Is your frag and display tank still tied together? I'm curious if the dinos you had appeared in the display tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back