OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As in you fill a solo cup completely full with frozen food? Do you make your own food or what do you use?
Yes... It is completely full minus some gaps of course with the size of the pieces. I bet if i let it completely defrost without adding water it may fill up 2/3rds of the way.

I feed a mix of frozen available foods such as Rods, PE Mysis, blood worms, and hikari sponge angel food.

I make some too using readily available fish, shrimp, octopus squid, oysters, fish eggs, and mussels at the local market.

nbd13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes... It is completely full minus some gaps of course with the size of the pieces. I bet if i let it completely defrost without adding water it may fill up 2/3rds of the way.

I feed a mix of frozen available foods such as Rods, PE Mysis, blood worms, and hikari sponge angel food.

I make some too using readily available fish, shrimp, octopus squid, oysters, fish eggs, and mussels at the local market.

Roughly how many fish do you have?

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great; in your opinion which is the best light to get these colors and give the right par? how many and which t5 and how many and which led do you use? at what height from the water surface?
Best light is personal opinion, but you can't go wrong with ATI T5 or Radion G4 Pros.

I prefer T5/LED hybrid... I think both technologies compliment each other well.

Radions 18" above frag tank running AB+ 5 hrs at 100%, 8 hrs of All blues 100% with 4 T5 (2 b+, 2 actinics)

ATI T5 about 8-10" above display with two SBREEF actinic bars. 8 hrs of T5, 12 hrs of actinics.
SBREEF actinic bar
B+
C+
B+
Actinic
GE 6500k
Purple+
C+
B+
SBreef actinic bar

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CC Kombucha nub - curious how fast it'll grow... Colors are more impressive then I was expecting.
cckombucha (1 of 1).jpg

Unnamed - couldn't capture it but in person, think bright baby blue on the tips. Like blue cotton candy... Heck... I think I just named it.
unnamed (1 of 1)-2.jpg

Shortcake - another one hard to capture but it is radioactive neon green and piercing bright red! Like you can see it across the room.
FTshortcakeactinics (1 of 1).jpg

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Farmer ty any update on the Blue Monster?
Mine from u is looking most excellent

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 43 46.7%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 21 22.8%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.5%
Back